Definitely Treated

A/N: It has been a long week for me, and I don’t know how to tell you, but I wasn’t in the right condition when I wrote this. Please forgive me if it wasn’t up to your standards, or if it was poorly written after all. I’m really sorry, but I hope you enjoy it my dear. I tried to lengthen it to fulfil your desires.  

Thank you for being here with me.

Definitely treated

She was lying on her bed—propped up against the headboard with a pillow behind her back.

It was silent, except for the soft whirring of the air-conditioner—as she flicked her thumb to scroll the page of her electronic device.

She read the next words carefully, wondering whether she was reading the right book.

She was about to flick her finger to turn the electronic page of her book when—

There was a knock on the door.

The girl paused.

She stopped to listen, because, she was so sure that there was no one at home.

Waiting for several seconds to confirm her suspicions, the girl decided it was merely her imagination.

And so her gaze lowered back to her electronic device, as she passed a slender finger to scroll downwards onto the next paragraph.

But there was no paragraph.

There was a question.

Are you alone?

The girl frowned, and she looked around her bedroom.

She was, indeed, alone.

She decided to ignore the question, and merely brushed it aside as a mistake that the author made.

I have always wanted a phone like yours.

—Was the next sentence.

And a bed like yours.

The girl’s hands turned slightly clammy, as she raised her head once again to glance around her.

I must be tired, she thought.

Locking her device and placing it on her bedside table, the girl turned off her lamp, and pulled the covers to her chin.

She closed her eyes.

—but then her phone rang.

The girl jumped, startled by the shrill ringing.

She attacked the bedside lamp and fumbled for the device beside it.

Unknown

She frowned, and rejected the call.