Chapter Four: The Unexpected Guest

As we filled our plates with sausage, eggs, mushrooms, toast, hash browns and beans, we saw we weren’t the only people at the table. There was a couple sat at the far end. The man, who looked in his mid-forties, was wearing a purple jacket, blue trousers, a white shirt and hair to match. However the woman was far, far younger. She looked like she was in her mid-twenties and, unlike her partner, had impeccable fashion sense. She was wearing a knee-length dress which was a light blue gradient to a navy blue skirt fall. Her hair was a beautiful brunette and she had a navy flower in her bun.

“Hello?” Amanda questioned, “not to be rude, but, who are you?”
“I’m Mrs Rion and this is my husband, Mr Rion.” Replied a sweet voice.
“Lovely to meet you,” Amanda continued, “but what are you doing in my dining room?”

“Oh, sorry, I thought you would know, they told me everyone who needed to know would be informed,” began the sweet voice. As she said this I had to hold Amanda to stop her screaming her head off.
“We’re here to do a task with Mr and Mrs Adley,” came a harsh male voice. “If it is any of your business, you’re only children, after all and one of you is, well, foreign!”
My face was going red and my hands were sweating. I had to say something but I was frozen solid.

“Actually, I was not informed, and my best friend and I are probably way more mature than you! This is also my house, my rules and my choice to decide if you are welcome,” Amanda exclaimed. “And so far I am NOT impressed: you are rude, self-centred, and are dishonest. Good day to you. We are going to eat outside in good company!”

I followed Amanda politely until we got outside, then I had to call a detective meeting to order.
“Amanda, Fu’ermost, we need a meeting!” I whispered once we were out of sight of the dining room windows.

“Ok, Wo Sen,” Amanda replied. “Wait until we get to my tree.”
“Your what?” I repeated it three times until I got an answer.
“My tree,” Amanda said. “It’s a plant which produces oxygen and has green leaves during spring and summer.”
“I know what a tree is,” I muttered.