Author's Acknowledgements

Firstly, I would like to thank my incredible parents who have supported me for as long as I can remember. I am so very thankful to my amazingly crazy mum who helped me achieve my dreams, no matter how big. I am also very thankful to my weirdly awesome dad who has supported me through everything. They always have my back and I am so lucky and grateful to have them as parents. I hope I can make you proud. Thank you to my epic parents, Will and Mel. I love you.

I also want to thank my cats Stormy and Alfie who have helped me through all the good and bad times. I also want to thank Sammi, who was the best little man a cat could be and I miss him so much, wishing he was here to read my book.

Secondly, I would like to thank all my friends; anyone who so much as cared about me or made me laugh.
I would like to thank my fantastic friends; Hannah Bowker, Leah Hart,  Izzie (Rue) Anderson, Jess McEnery, Amber Bannister, Issy Robertson, Ellie Maiden. I wish you all the best and never want to see you sad. I hope we will always be friends, I don’t think I could live without any one of you. You all mean so much to me and I am exceptionally glad to call you my friends.

A special thanks to Yaren Gorpe, Ruby Mosely and Daisy Kelly. They are some of the greatest friends I could ask for and gave me some really encouraging feedback and I hope I didn’t disappoint. I hope we stay friends through all the good and the bad as I don’t want to go through any of it without your optimism. Thank you. Xx

An extra special thanks to James Phipps, who –though mad – is one of the greatest people you will ever meet! He made me laugh with his hilarious feedback to my novel. He has been one of my best friends since primary school and I hope and pray to anyone out there that we stay that way. You have been so supportive of me and I couldn’t have done this without you. I will always be thankful.

Another amazingly special thanks to my Parabatai (shout out if you get that reference) Becky Khan. We really are like bonded sisters and I am so thankful that I get to share all my secrets, my fears, all my life with you, without ever doubting our trust. I love that you get me and all my craziness! This amazing, weird, crazy, sarcastic, (not very) funny person nearly wrote a book of feedback based on my novel and it really made me smile. She is one of my best friends by far, and I owe a lot of my happiness to her. She is just as crazy as me and I love it as I am not alone. I hope she is there through all my ups and downs as I will be there for her. Love you – Thank you.

I also need to thank my best friend from birth, Ellie Young. She has been there for me through every bump in the road, and she has inspired me a lot. I truly love her like a sister and I hope we can be friends until the end and then afterwards too. I don’t know what the future is, but I will never be ready to face it without you. Thank you.

Thirdly, I would like to thank Robin Stevens, who inspired this novel. She told me to write my own stories and I am so grateful that she did. I was obsessed with her novels – I still am – and, since this is my first book, I based my characters and style partially on hers. I owe this novel to her since I never would have ventured this road without her.

Fourthly, I would like to thank the following authors who made my love for reading, and therefore writing, so much stronger as a passion. I don’t think I would be who am today without the messages and worlds they created. I recommend every single one of them. Thank you.
➢ Cassandra Clare ➢ Suzanne Collins ➢ Charlaine Harris ➢ Phillip Pullman ➢ Sue Wallman ➢ Niccola Yoon ➢ Angie Thomas ➢ And many, many more.

Finally, I would like to thank anyone who reads this book, as it gives me hope.

Thank you. Xx