night 3 | the beach

this is longer than the last and the other chapters! also, i recommend listening to 'sweet night' by v while reading, for it is the perfect song for this chapter! enjoy!

jimin and jungkook arrive at the beach with their hands still laced together and big smiles to show off. the sun is setting, the ocean is crystal clear, and the little bar on the beach playing chill music matches the aesthetic perfectly. it's not to bold or too blended.

just like jungkook.

speaking of the latter, he's struck with awe as he admires the view he saw a few days ago, but this time, not with his phone. this day, this hour- the reason why he's here isn't a casual pit stop. this is a date, and even though he wants to take a picture of this moment and capture it forever, his heart tells him to take a picture with his mind and treasure it forever, that he should drown in this feeling of euphoria that will stay with him for the rest of his days.

jungkook takes himself out of his mind and quickly glances at his date, jimin. "this place is so beautiful, jimin-ssi."

the shorter male looks up at him and smiles as his heart swells with pride. he's known about this place for most of his life because of his late mother, who used to bring him here every weekend before she passed. a sandwhich shop at day to a bar at night, just to bring in a little more money to support the little town of busan.

and jimin eventually gave in to jungkook's hand kisses and puppy eyes and told him where they were going on the drive here. it so happened that the younger visited a few days before, and knowing that fact made the two of them think this place is perfect for their date.

with tease written all over jimin's face, he asks, "more beautiful than it was a few days ago?"

"without a doubt, this is one of the most beautiful views i've ever seen, but i have another to admire tonight."

"oh?" jimin abruptly stops their steady pace, pulling the younger towards himself to wrap his arms around his neck, brushing their noses against each other. jungkook smiles and looks at him lovingly. "what's the other one?"

jungkook raises an eyebrow, his hands holding onto his date's waist softly. "i'm looking at it."

the older's cheeks go from an opaque pink to a dusted red, the heating sensation so powerful he feels feverish and shyly giggles. jungkook grins at the response to his tease, slightly tilting his head, causing their lips to graze each other. the small action makes his heart jump for joy and his nerves circuit, but little does he know that jimin experiences the same thing and is silently begging for more.

but to his disappointment, jungkook pulls away and intertwines their hands again, giving him a bright smile as they walk to a pair of stools at the bar.

jimin remains silent, unable to utter a syllable at the younger's bold compliment that left him flushed beyond repair. but thankfully, he knows how to order drinks to help loosen himself up, so he does just that. however, since he is the one driving, he won't take more than two shots of soju so he can remain focused as he drives.

jungkook isn't big on drinking, so he does the same as jimin. they both feel the alcohol flow through their bodies as their faces scrunch from the taste, warmth circulating through their limbs as they laugh for no reason. it's a short laugh, but it leads to them conversing about nothing in particular- just some small talk that ends with jimin dragging jungkook onto the beach to dance.

the older giggles as he looks at jungkook's silly smile and nose scrunch. "come on, jungkook-ssi! we need a reason to wear these outfits!" and pulls him until they're on the white sand.