day 1 | moving in

jungkook grunted as he picked up the heavy box, slowly making his way to the truck. he walks past the movers who are assisting him, thanking them for the much needed help. once the box is set in the truck, he pants heavily, wiping the sweat off of his forehead. it was a hot, sunny day in the city of seoul; a pretty one for his last.

"i can't believe you're leaving me here, kook." his best friend, kim taehyung, pouted, leaning against jungkook's left side of the truck. his newly dyed curulean hair was pretty in the sun, shining like a beautiful patch of crystals. "you're too grown up, already. i still can't process that you're twenty-four."

jungkook laughed light-heartedly, eyes glued to the view of the city that he'll definitely miss. "i know, hyung. you've said this whenever i turned a new age– well, whenever you could speak."

now it was taehyung's turn to laugh. jungkook and him have been friends since they were in diapers, but he can't believe how mature he is for his age. taehyung is one year older and can barely remember to open the door for people, but jungkook will help someone fix a broken pipe anyday of the week. it was like only yesterday when he was jungkook's idol, and now jungkook was his.

"we'll all miss the little helper of this city. it'll probably turn into hell as soon as you leave the city line."

"i'll miss you all too. c'mon, help me finish moving these heavy boxes."

the two talked until they reached the house, heaving the boxes and carrying them to the truck, staying in that loop until the task was complete.

a couple hours have passed, and they were done moving all the boxes and furniture. jungkook's house was officially empty, and taehyung felt a hint of sadness as he walked through it. all of his favourite memories began playing as he walked past every room, letting his fingers glide across the doorways.

the time they had their first adult sleepover in the his bedroom, jungkook's twenty first birthday party in the kitchen, the time he cooked for his entire neighborhood and hosted it in his living room. jungkook has done so much for seoul and it gave him so much in return, and even though it didn't happen to taehyung, he couldn't help but feel thankful for it. jungkook was grown up, and he really was going to miss him a lot. hopefully he calls often, taehyung thinks, but he knows he will.

"hyung, i gotta go! come and give me a hug!"

taehyung grinned at the call from jungkook, and it lasted until he wrapped his arms around the younger, his eyes starting to feel teary. his best friend was moving away and he couldn't go with him, every little kid's saddest thought. taehyung felt like a father who was watching his son move out as he felt jungkook gently rub his back in the comforting way he always does. he took in a shaky breath, savoring jungkook's warmth, scent, and touch as he let's go, and watches jungkook get in the truck and drive off.

damn, miss him already.

the drive to busan was about four hours long, but jungkook made a whole playlist for the occasion. all of his favourite traveling songs and groups were in it, so he was nonstop smiling and bopping his head as he drove. along the way, about half way to busan, jungkook stopped to get some food at a local sandwhich shop, and oh the view it had. there was an entire beach with crystal clear water behind it, and the sun reflected off the water so beautifully that jungkook just had to take a picture of it to remember the experience.

after that, jungkook was back on the road. it felt like an adventure to him, a road trip even. he didn't have the tired, aching body of someone who just moved, and he felt like he could do so much more, even if he's been nonstop moving for three hours. the scenery he saw on the way there was something he noted to check out once he offically moved in. everything about it was so beautiful, jungkook could tell he was going to love it there.

jungkook made it to the big neighborhood, peeking out the windows to find his new house. they were all relatively similar, the only change being the colors the houses were painted. at some point jungkook became lost and kind of gave up, deciding to ask for help. a woman walked by the truck, and jungkook rolled down the window to speak to her.

"excuse me, miss, but do you know where i can find hong gildong gwiha, 30174?" the woman nodded, pointing towards the houses on the top of a hill.

"park jimin doesn't come out until sprinter. he's not the kind of neighbour to bring you home made brownies, so don't be too surprised if he doesn't talk to you at first," she mentioned. "have a good day, mister."

"wha– wait! what's sprinter?" alas, the woman had already turned the corner, and jungkook didn't want to seem like a creep trying to chase her down, so he drove off to the house, excitement starting to sink in.

he pulled up to the drive way, turning off the truck and exiting it to marvel at the house. it was a a light grey, not too big and not too small, charming in multiple sorts. jungkook loved it already, going towards the front door and unlocking it, a smile on his face as he walked around. it was perfect for jungkook; hardwood floors, a huge master bathroom with a shower and a tub, modern light fixtures, an island in the kitchen – to say jungkook was euphoric was surely an understatement.

he walked back outside to start moving the furniture. jungkook was in the middle of moving his dresser when he noticed something white in the corner of his eye. his eyes flashed to the source, which turned out to be the head of a human peeking from behind his curtain. he smiled and waved at the man, but the curtain only closed quickly, the smile turning into a pout.

"what an unsual neighbor. he must be shy," jungkook said to himself. what the woman said faded into his mind, and he became curious. "maybe i'll ask him why he only comes out during sprinter, and what exactly sprinter is, too."

holy crap i'm so excited for this story sjsj. it'll be a short one, but it'll be so cute! the idea came into my head when i saw the name for an rv and i just let my mind wander!

i hope you enjoyed!