night 3 | first date

this is longer than normal chapters! enjoy!

"whoa, hyung! i can't believe you made all of this food!"

in his kitchen, there were pots and pans filled with different types of food. it ranged from spaghetti and meatballs to kimchi and fried rice. jimin even made different deserts because he didn't know what kind of food jungkook liked.

"ah, it's nothing, really. my mom taught me how to multitask when it came to cooking. she considered herself a chef."

jimin was smiling, but his eyes were sad, jungkook noticed. he turned to him, stretching his arms out as an offer for a hug. jimin chuckles and accepts the offer, feeling warm within jungkook's chest.

jungkook wraps his arms around jimin, resting his head on top his. he started to gently sway them side to side, breathing slowly as he took the moment to enjoy jimin's presence. jimin's arms were wrapped around jungkook's back, and he takes in how perfectly they fit together in a simple hug. jungkook couldn't help but chuckle with a smile.

"what?" jimin asked gently, pulling out so they were face to face, keeping arms around jungkook.

"nothing. i was just thinking about something."

jimin didn't respond for a few seconds, a teasing half smirk forming on his lips. "hey, you copied me! i said the same thing when i first met you."

"great minds think alike, they say."

jungkook almost kissed jimin's cheek after he said that. he would've done it if they were a couple.

but they aren't.

oh, how jungkook can only dream at the thought every night until it comes true.

jimin pouted cutely and whined, making jungkook's impulse to kiss it away stronger. "no, you copied me."

"believe what you want, jimin-hyung," the younger smiled, eyes landing on the other's plump, cherry red lips. "it's not uncommon for people to think the same as someone else, y'know. maybe it's a sign or something."

jimin paused again, but his mind was full of different thoughts and emotions. a sign. oh, if only jungkook knew what signs mean in this town.

"it's funny you mention that, actually. signs have something to do with what i planned tonight."

"oh? and what have you planned, hyung?"

jimin giggled, gently walking his fingers on jungkook's chest. "i'm not telling you anything, jungkook-ssi."

"come on, hyung. you can tell me anything." jimin's fingers were now walking over jungkook's neck, then to his cheeks, and around his face. just as jimin's fingers reach his lips, he stops jimin's hand and holds it there, not noticing how red the latter's face turned. "hyung, please. tell me."

was that supposed to be seductive?

even though jimin's face was burning from jungkook holding his hand, he wasn't going to give up easily, no matter how much the younger unintentionally makes his heart beat faster.

"absolutely not."

then jimin poked jungkook's nose with a big smile on his face and waltzed into the kitchen, grabbing plates and bowls for the two of them. jungkook sighed through a smile and followed, taking the dishes as he grabs a little bit of everything jimin made. everything looked delicious, and jungkook was excited to try jimin's cooking.

once they gathered food onto their plates, they sat down across each other at the the table in jimin's dining room. jungkook eyed the food, deciding on what to try first. he settles on the bulgogi with sauce over it and takes a bite, freezing as the food landed on his taste buds.