☮ Chapter 22 ☮

Hehe, have you realised I actually managed to relocate the Glossary to the back of this story? It makes things easier:)

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

After what seemed like eternity to me but just a little while in reality, Isaac's manipulation stopped. The cage dismantled into pieces which dropped onto the ground and immediately disappeared into the thin air.

I was astonished at what had just happened in front of my eyes. The sight was simply so captivating that it took me a while to come back to my senses.

As soon as the abilitials were set free, Isaac helped them with the tape in their mouths and the handcuffs, which were the main reason why we could not communicate with them verbally.

"Sherrie! Thank the heavens!" Delphene rushed towards the direction that I was in and spun in circles around me.
"It feels like an eternity have passed since I last used my wings so much! They must have rusted badly, haven't they?!

I giggled. It has been so long since I last heard Delphene's cheeky voice.

"Well, I bet they have...as an analogy. But don't worry, they haven't literally. Have you ever heard of plastic rusting?"

Delphene landed on my shoulders and gave me a wink.

I winked back at Delphene.

Now that the abilitials are back with us, what are we supposed to do to get out of the Meadows?

My head automatically turned towards George. The 2 on 1 battle has not yet reached a conclusion, but George seemed like he was going to black out anytime soon. After all, youth is no longer with him and he did not have time to rest since he used his regenerating time at night to teleport us to the Meadows.

"Hey Isaac... Shouldn't we be helping him? He's going to lose at this rate!" I shouted across to Isaac.

Even the greatest man can fail at times.

"He knows what he is doing. Try to regenerate as much energy for now, and after that we can help."

Even though he might sound composed, the natural reaction of biting his lips gave him away. I remained silent, knowing that what Isaac had just said was probably the best thing we could do at this point of time. Our abilities combined now is not even the standard of Jasper in his current situation.

"Please, enable us to speed up your recoveries; it's the least we could do." Dan spoke with the most refined voice. Delphene nodded her head in agreement.

"You could do that?!" I almost shouted. The capabilities of abilitials seemed limitless.

With that, both Dan and Delphene flew towards us and held their tiny hands out in the direction of our heads.

"Speed recovery." Both of them chanted in unison. A blue aura shone from their hands as soon as they finished the last syllable of that spell.

I closed my eyes and could vaguely feel the organs in my body move faster, as if they are workers that are rushing to repair the cells in the shortest time possible.

After we have fully recovered, we would help George in his battle and pull the victory flag towards our side.

*°*°*°*°*

"Sherrie? Wake up, we're done." Delphene shook me on the shoulder.

Ever since Delphene and Dan started on their spell, I succumbed to my fatigue and fell into a slumber...I'm pretty sure Isaac did too.

I lifted my heavy eyelids and after scanning through my surroundings, I got hold of the situation that we were in, popping the beautiful dream I had. I felt all perked up; as if I have not used the technique just an hour ago. Without anymore hesitation, I stood up, ready to fight once again. Before I could even speak to announce the start of our battle with a smug voice, Isaac beat me to it.

"Let's go." With that, Isaac advanced a few steps before looking back at me, curious to why I have not moved.

"Yeah..." I then ran forward, destination set for George's fight. Delphene and Dan followed closely behind me and Isaac respectively.

We arrived at the scene of battle between George, Jasper, and Asper within a few seconds. Standing on the boundary of the battle field, we were trying to find an opening for us to barge in and attack.

I looked at George, attempting to give him a signal, telling him to at least leave Asper to us, by pointing to Asper with one hand and us with another.

However, as soon as George's eyes met ours, his face was, instead of hope, filled with anxiety. He mouthed the word 'go' to us. Before he could finish his sentence, Jasper attacked him from behind, resulting in him suffering a fatal attack.

I bit my lips. What did he mean by that? Of course we would want to leave this place, but leaving would be meaningless without George! Oh, don't be mistaken, I was just implying that the only one who has the ability to teleport us back is George...or am I? The abilitials would have a way to get us out of the Meadows too...but why aren't I asking them for the way if I really wanted to get out of the Meadows?

All of us wants to leave this place with not a single one being left out. That also means that we should join in the fight to get George back.

"Sherrie, an opening! You go behind Jasper and I'll go behind Asper." Isaac suddenly whispered to me. I was pretty sure Isaac also saw what George had mouth...did he decide to fight no matter what, too?

However, something is definitely not right about this situation. Both of us are not even under any spell that hides us from the view of Jasper and Asper, but why are they treating us invisible? Asper would have dispatched his clone to fight us at the least...or are they planning something else?

"Isaac...I think we should consider...wait!" I shouted.

〰〰〰〰〰