☆ Chapter 12 ☆

I gained consciousness in the real world. I was still inside of Isaac's room, and it was still at night. I heaved a sigh of relief. I had managed to save myself from the berserk ability!

"Hey! Who are you calling berserk?" A small voice spoke from behind me. I turned back to see Delphene on my shoulders. I was surprised as I did not expect Delphene to come back to the real world with me. This kind of things were fictional, and imagine having your own pet fairy!

"Hello Delphene, oh no, I was referring to the you before we made the contract.."

I scanned the vicinity to find an impatient Isaac in front of me. He coughed to catch our attention. "So you made the contract. No wonder it took you so long... So how's it?"

"How did you know? I mean... I'm sure I didn't speak as loudly."

"Your abilitial.. She's just behind you! How could I not notice it? And I've been treated as invisible as you were talking to her."

"Wait.. If you could see her does that mean...you also have one?"

I twisted my head to scan Isaac from head to toe, hoping to find signs of his fairy.

As if he could read my mind, Isaac then opened his palm, revealing a bright sparkle which later turned to another fairy.

"Miss Reborse, nice to meet you." He bowed. He was a gentleman.

I smiled. Just as I was about to reply him, Delphene came out from hiding in my collar.

"Dan! Why are you here?" Delphene showed signs of displeasure.

"Why, isn't it Delphene!" How lucky." Dan displayed hints of sarcasm.

I looked at the fairies with a puzzled look on my stiff face.

"Fairies...do you know each other?"

Delphene and Dan glared at me. If looks could kill, I would already be dead.

"What did you call us? Fairies? Oh no no... We are not fairies. We are abilitiaIs. We don't have magic, we only have abilities, and we provide you with it." Delphene and Dan retorted in sync. I gave the two of them an apologetic look before they continue with the answer to my question.

"Both of us were from the Meadows after all. And everyone in the Meadows knew each other. It's not like there are many of our kind too." Dan explained that they knew each other.

"Not many? But there are Incredibles all round the earth!" I couldn't help but point out. "Doesn't every incredible have an abilitial?"

"No Sherrie, only those with a unique one has," Delphene replied me coldly. "because Gemma forbids us... He...." She then whispered to herself. I couldn't catch the last sentence she said, and I decided that I should not probe further as I see Delphene frown.

"Hey. So what did you see?" Isaac did not seem to have catched on to the mood and interrupts.

"You went to sleep." I calmly responded.

"What?" Isaac's expression was priceless.

"Uh huh. You went to bed and slept." I reinforced my point.

"I knew it. I couldn't do it after all." He was reproaching himself. Dan reached out to console him but to no avail.

"Hmm, he's your grandfather, linked by blood, so it's only natural for you...." My comforting skills had not been good from the day I was born, and I had added this time to my history of failed attempts upon seeing Dan glare at me.

As I was a person with no lack of common sense, I retreated back to my room with Delphene soon after.

Lying on my bed, I thought about what happened during this manipulation. George's ability was revealed to me. I had also found out that Isaac did not really hate his grandfather, and most importantly, I had made 2 new friends.

Delphene had went back to the Meadows to spend the night, as all abilitials would do. I was told that if I wanted to summon her, I could just wish for it, and hold out my palms for her to land on, since we were linked by heart. Whenever I use my ability, it was essential to summon Delphene, as she would help me activate the ability and multiply the ability's strength at the same time. Delphene also said that if anyone of us is in need of the other, the carvings on our hands would shine. This whole thing was incredibly magical.

My second night on the mountains came to an end.