♢ Chapter 3 ♢

I blinked my eyes. My eyes brightened. Why is the world before me now moving so slowly? However, except for that fact, everybody looked normal.

"Hee...re..., Haaav..eee a..... Cooo..ki....e..., da..rr...llinngg..." Mom said.

Then it struck me. The time have gone slower. Everything before me were in slow motion, not to mention the speeches people make. However it was getting a bit boring to have everybody move like a turtle while you are the only one that is going normally. I wonder how I would exist in everybody's world. I might even be faster than dad! The thought of that made me giggle.

Haha, who would have thought that I was this capable? I was sure that it was my ability that was behind this phenomenon.

'I want time to go faster.' was the next command I said.

Immediately, everything before me was moving in speed that could match lightning. I could not even see what my family were doing. They were practically speaking alien languages as they sped-talked. But why would anybody want this ability? It is unique and all, but why would anybody desire this ability where all you could practically see is humans trying to camouflage with the surroundings as they move in an absurdly quick speed? From the corner of my eyes my instinct caught mum dropping the jam bottle. I was surprised. Maybe it was just that mum was going too fast to be able to even hold the jam bottle properly! I chuckled.

'Normal..?' The command sounded weird, but it still worked.

Then, everything came back to normal. We were sitting around the table as a family, eating my birthday breakfast.

"Mom, jam on my bread please!" Shawn ordered.

"Why don't you do it yourself?" Mom replied in an impatient tone. Just as she was fetching the jam bottle, her hands slipped with the wet surface of the bottle.

"Clang!" The bottle laid, broken in pieces on the floor. I gasped. Not because of surpriseness, but because it felt like deja vu (a feeling that something like this had happened before). My eyes brightened as I found the answer to my encounter. I saw the same thing happen when I fast forwarded the time! Maybe my ability was not only to make time faster, but also see the future! I then understood why my ability was unique and desirable. My excitement was beyond containment.

"Sherrie! PRESENTS TIME!" Mom and Dad tried to sound enthusiastic but deep down I could tell that they were just faking it. Well, who knows? They might be just worried about the same thing I was worried about before I finally found out about my ability. I decided to tell them about my ability after the unwrapping of presents, so that I would own the stage when they thought that they were the ones who were. My mischievous nature surfaced.

Mom gave me a soft toy. It was soft in the outside, but definitely hard when you press it deep enough. There were something inside. I guessed that it was just some battery holder that could make the toy speak. This kind of things were selling hot in the market.

Dad gave me a watch, which does not even looked like one. It looked like a gun camouflaged into a watch. How cool would it be if it was really the case. I could shoot our enemies down with some meddling of the watch.

Shawn and Sasha gave me the same type of present. It was 1/infinity of their incredible stones. Incredible stones are stones that makes even a human to have the ability of an incredible. However, 1/infinity amount of the power is not going to get any human far. It could practically only last for a second. Well, I have the ability to slow time, so I was sure that even the little amount of the power of invisibility and elascity was going to last me an hour.

"Guys," I inhaled. "i have an announcement to make...." My heart was thumping rapidly. "I have discovered my ability." "Like FINALLY!" I jumped in excitement. Did I not just own the stage?

Shawn and Sasha was the first to react. "What? Tell me!! What was it!!!" Sasha spoke. "No! Tell me first!" Shawn was already impatient. And the fight between who should know first began. I laughed. I was going to say it loudly in front of the whole family in the first place, so there would not be any firsts and seconds.

Mom and Dad hugged each other. Tears filled their eyes. I was pretty convinced that they were tears of joy. I did not doubt.

"Well..." sniffed Mom. "What is it?"

"It's time manipulation... In short. But there is more to it. I could see the future too."