♢ Chapter 5 ♢

"Sherrie? Sherrie darling?" Faint sounds filled with anxiety entered my ears. I forced opened my eyes, and found myself inside my own room, with the whole family surrounding my princess bed.

"Argh." I moaned. My head was still spinning a little, and I felt as if I have just been hit with a metal pan. That would really hurt.

I tried to remember what happened but my head was rejecting my several attempts to do that. Well, blame my head. "Mom, what happened?" I asked, a sign of giving in to my useless brain.

Mom took a deep breath. "I'm glad you are alright, darling......" She paused. Dad took over.

"Well, your mom's just a little traumatized, she'll be okay. She thinks that it was her fault that you are lying here right now. If only she had told you everything in the first place you wouldn't try to sneak in and listen to our conversation. Now Sherrie, as your parent i have to tell you something very important now." Next, dad clarified that mom had told me that I was special ever since I was born. I nodded my head. He then said that he would go deeper into this matter. I held my breath. I was physically prepared, but not mentally.

"Go on," I forced those words out of my mouth. "Tell me."

"Sherrie, you are a special incredible. As you know, it had been impossible for mankind to manipulate time. But, you could make it go faster and slower at will. By making it go faster, you could see the future. By making it go slower, you could alter the future. Now this is an ability that might cause the time space to be in chaos, but at the same time, make the world a better place for us to live in. If your ability becomes unstable when you don't have the will strong enough to handle the manipulation, like what happened just now, your ability might go berserk and in turn make you it's servant. It will slowly eat up your life energy and cause your life to be in danger and eventually die. What happened just now was that you part of you was unwilling to listen to the truth about you and your ability and decreased the amount of the will you had, and hence it was unstable. Luckily, before your ability goes berserk, your mom and I had already located you and calmed it down. However if your ability grows any stronger, i'm afraid that we cannot save you anymore. In other words, your life is in danger as long as you keep this ability of yours, and we would have to uninstall your ability in order to keep you safe. The Credijudge will remove your memory and you would be converted into a normal human. We are sorry, we have no other choices." Dad was already shedding tears. Uncontrollably, tears started to stream down my cheeks too.

"No.. That's not true... She could keep the ability and not expose her life to danger." Sasha suddenly spoke. Everyone turned to look at her.

"What? I just happen to read about it in a book about ancient Incredibles while researching for ways to defend against the x-rays."

"Is it reliable?" Shawn asked in a suspicious tone. "Don't go and get our hopes up and then smash it. Well, that's the kind of thing you would expect of miss Sasha Reborse." (Reborse was our surname) Mum shushed Shawn up.

"What is it?"

"She just have to make a contract with her ability. Make the ability listen to her. She has to gain absolute control over her ability, by training with an expert who is experienced.....train her will to make the ability stable." Sasha hesitated. "Does her ability have the power to destroy the earth? You did mention that the time space would be in chaos and all, wait, that's impossi-" "Maybe. That's another reason why we have to uninstall Sherrie's ability while it is still young and undeveloped." Mom stood up and walked towards Sasha. "I want to know the way to contact the expert, can you help me?" She said in a very serious tone. Sasha nodded her head and went off to the library, with dad carrying her and running.

Mom turned to me. "We are gonna try that method out. Your training will start tomorrow, if possible. Is that alright with you?" I could tell in mom's desperate voice that she was going to try any method possible to help me out. I could only bend my head like a robot.

Sasha came back with the expert's contact number with dad minutes later. It was amazing how fast dad were. They probably took the underground passageways for Incredibles on jobs so people would not see dad's inhumane speed. Mom took the slip of paper from Sasha's hands and went on to call the expert. Mum was reputable in the society for being persuasive, and she had made an appointment with the expert in no time. My lesson was scheduled tomorrow.

My 15th birthday, the discovery of my ability, the understanding of how strong my ability might be, and the day before training starts. My new life as a newborn incredible begins.