☆ Chapter 16 ☆

My heart skipped a beat. We turned back to face George's stern face.

There was an awkward silence between the three of us as we stood in a triangle. I instantly knew that we were in for the punishment.

Perspiration dripped down from the tip of my messily tied up brown hair. Turning to look at Isaac to see what he was going to do, I realised that he was also clenching his teeth. There were also drops of sweat on his dark blue to black hair. Even Isaac was at a loss.

"I see you guys escaped. Going to the Meadows huh?" He was sarcastic.

I gasped. How did he manage to get hold of what we were planing to do?

"Uh...." I murmured.

I hit Isaac's waist with my elbow and blinked my eyes. That would have meant that I wanted an explanation to George's knowledge. Well, I didn't expect Isaac to understand me but I could not open my mouth to explain too.

"He has mind reading powers too." Isaac shocked me by whispering that to me. Upon hearing that, I immediately understood and stood on the training ground, waiting for either George or Isaac to make a move.

The two of us stared at George who in turn stared back at us.

Say something, anybody!

After a minute which seemed like eternity, I finally noticed some movement from George.

"Can't find the way to the Meadows? Your abilitials didn't show any of you?" He enquired with a calm tone.

I was relieved that he did not seem to have held anger towards us.

"No.." I spoke with reluctance since Isaac was not eager to reply.

"So your abilitials disappeared." George was looking deeper into our minds.

"Yes, teacher." I was able to speak normally as the atmosphere was more comfortable.

"I'll show you the way." George's old a cracky voice reverberated through my ears.

My brown to black pupil grew as I opened my eyes big in shock. Did I hear it wrongly?

"How?" the voice beside me spoke.

Oh I almost forgot about Isaac's existence since he hasn't spoken for about 5 minutes.

"Well..." George was dragging his words that was filled with dread.

Then it came into my mind that he might have wanted something in return for this favor he was going to grant us.

"First, promise me that the two of you will never do anything reckless. If your abilitials are not found by the time limit of 3 hours that I'm giving you, give up. Secondly, never tell anybody about your abilities." George's brows were furrowed and he seemed to be reluctant in letting us know of the way to the Meadows.

I spent time thinking about the deal and decided that they were acceptable since I had never planned to reveal my ability to anybody; Mom and Dad had already told me not to.

Isaac and me then nodded our heads simultaneously.

"Good. Remember, my instructions are absolute or else you will be teleported back instantly."

"Teleportation?" I realised how George had the way to the Meadows.

"Positive. Now both of you hold my hands." George ordered us.

George must have gone to the Meadows before for it to become a possible destination of his teleportation. I did not think too much into it as usual as my mind was already full with thought about Delphene.

"To the Meadows." George chanted.

A bright beam of light blinded my eyes as I was being teleported to the Meadows.

In an instant, we were in the Meadows.

After the blinding bright light subsided, my vision was clear again. The first thing I did was to search for Isaac and George, however, only Isaac was beside me, and George was nowhere to be found.

Well, he never mentioned anything about himself coming to the Meadows with us too.

I got rid of the worry in my head and scanned the vicinity.

"Wow. This is amazing."

I didn't say that. Isaac did.

The trees around us bore rainbow-coloured fruits which that was never discovered in the human world. The horizon before us was spectacular; the light that emitted from the sun was warm and comfortable. We stood on the grass patch which felt as soft as a fluffy teddy bear. The sweet scent of the flowers was a pleasant present to my nose. The birds that looked like none other were chirping a soft melody, like an a-Capella. The weather, needless to say, was cozy. The whole world was mesmerizing.

You will have to agree on that since even Isaac had praised this world.

I took my shoes off and laid on the grass patch. It felt like the heaven; lying on the soft grass that felt like cotton wool. This whole new world tingled my five senses, so much that I felt goosebumps on me. I would have loved to stay in this world forever, with all these new discoveries that I would never get tired of.

Isaac had also settled himself on the grass patch. We were totally immersed in this paradise-like place.

"Isaac!" "Sherrie!"

Both of our names were simultaneously called out in the midst of this paradise.

"Get hold of yourselves!" The voice belonged to Dan and Delphene.

My eyes still closed, I lazily replied them with a tired 'hm'. I felt like my mind was drifting away from the current situation, but did not care since the grass patch was simply too appealing.

I would love to stay like this forever. Forever.....for...ever.

"Sherrie!!!" Delphene screamed. Her voice penetrated through my brain that seemed to be dead for a second.

Something's definitely amiss. Part of me was struggling to reply to Delphene's hysterical cry for me while the other part of me desired the comfortable grass patch and the Paradise Meadow. I struggled with the dilemma that I was forced to face.

Forced. It was then I realised that one part of me was not controlled by my own will. It was obvious which part of me that was. Upon realization, I fought the part of me that desired the Paradise Meadow. Perspiration trickled down my forehead as the fight was getting tougher. This was a fight with myself, in my mind.

"Sherrie! Time manipulation, activate! Make the time go slower!" Delphene's croaked voice rang at my ears.

Realizing that the usage of my ability might aid in my fight against that part of me that was not me, I immediately chanted the spell. Thank you, Delphene.

The spell worked, and before me stood a dark shadow that had the slowest of motion. I anticipated its attack and hit the shadow from behind with my punch that I have trained from smashing rocks and fast leg movements that I have gained from the running with rocks tied at my feets. The training with George came in handy.

Needless to say, the shadow was defeated after that marvelous sneak attack. Regaining consciousness, I opened my heavy eyelids. The world before me was different and ominous.

Where am I?