Chapter 7: The Void and Final Rebirth

A/N: Thank you for sticking around, and this is the last chapter for Part 1. As I had put it, this is Natalie's last moments in 1992 before she is reborn, but the time in between her death and rebirth. I hope all of you have enjoyed it so far and stick around for part 2, which will have all your favorite Marvel characters in it!

July 13, 1992

The end was nearing, as she laid in her deathbed, her friend Peggy with her children gathered around her bedside. Nat sighed as she closed her eyes. Fury had arrived soon afterwards as she said her goodbyes to Peggy, her children and grandchildren having been part of her life. With everyone having left, Nat had a box in which she gave to Fury. "Colonel, please give this to me when I am 15 years old. In case we ever find Rogers." He held her frail hand, before taking the box from her, and asked, "How long is the wait?"

"It would depend, when I died when I was eight, my mother told me a week. Back in 1920, I was gone for two weeks. Both times I hadn't gotten to this stage of life. I would say a few weeks. When you hear a baby's cry, I am reborn." Fury nodded and Nat gave him a small smile from her weathered face, "You are a good man, Fury. Reason I asked for you to raise me, I know you won't fail."

"Then come back and tell me," he joked, Nat closed her eyes again, her breathing got labored before she exhaled her last, a tear falling down her face as she passed. Everything went black. 

~~~~~

"I want to go home!" She saw memories pass by her as she saw two others standing in the dark, a little girl and a young woman. Natalie had walked over to them and asked, "Are you... me?"

"We are both you, having passed to allow the next to be reborn." The girl said, the younger woman nodding, "You have suffered tremendously. We feel the pain you are feeling."

"We live with you." the child said, then a man came towards them, he was old and Natalie remembered he was Vulcan, her father. "Father," she said, and he held his head up so he could get what was needed to be put across. "My child, this will be your last life that you will go through."

The older Natalie asked, "What happens when I die this time? I won't be going back to the Earth?" Vulcan shook his head, "The fire of the Phoenix is dying, my child. When you are reborn, you will not remember anything of your past. You can return whenever you wish to go back, but you can relive memories before being reborn."

"There is a couple of memories I wish to relive." Natalie stated and Vulcan moved away from her as she found a couple she wished to relive...

At the end of the cartoon, Nat had just walked out when she heard someone hitting a garbage can and then she went over to investigate, and saw the bully beating on the much smaller man when one man in a uniform came to get the smaller guy out of the fight kick the big guy's ass. The man went and ran in her when he smirked, "Hello beautiful." And that was met with a punch from her, and with enough force to break his nose. "Next time you disrespect the men who laid down their lives to give assholes like you a reason to pick on a guy who cannot hold himself, you will meet more than your match." She had been lucky that no blood had gotten onto her dress as the two men came towards them. "Thanks," the man in the uniform said and she scoffed, "Men like that need to be taken a few inches down."

"Sergeant Bucky Barnes, at your service." Bucky nodded towards her and his friend afterwards, "Steve Rogers."

"Natalie McGregor. Pleasure to meet you both." she said and holding out her hand to shake both of theirs, she wondered if Mr. Rogers would have done something differently if he hadn't tried to stick up in the theaters. "Are you both going to the exhibition tonight?"