Chapter 2

*Edited*
-DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN OURAN HIGH SCHOOL HOST CLUB-

Light shines through my window glaring down at me, forcing me to push my covers off and get out of bed. I hear a knock on my door, “Harou, are you up? It’s six fifteen right now so you have about twenty minutes to get around and out the door.” Dad informed me,

“Thanks dad, I’ll be out in a minute.”

“Alight” Dad said, walking away from my room to wake up Haruhi, who was most likely already awake, “Haruhi, you awake?” I hear Dad’s muffled voice ask my sister.

“Yeah,” Haruhi responded tiredly, “I’m up, just a little groggy.” Dad stayed quiet and walked out towards the main room, feet shuffling as he passes.

Walking over to my small dresser I pull out a blackberry colored long sleeved V-neck and vanilla slim-fit jeans along with a clean pair of underwear and ankle socks. I quickly change into my clean cloths and walk into the kitchen where Dad was making some instant coffee. Dad smiles at me and holds out a mug for me to take.

“Thanks,” I mutter taking a small sip of the sugar filled beverage.

“Is it any good?” Dad asked taking a sip of his own cup of coffee.

“Yeah, it’s really good… It’s so sweet.” I gently smile at dad in thanks. Unfortunately like all good moments, everything must come to an end.  Haruhi walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge to grab a glass bottle of milk.

“Hey Dad,” Haruhi smiled, “Harou.”

“Mornin’,” I mutter giving Haruhi a quick glance to see short choppy hair and thick brown glasses. My eyes widened as I stared at my little sister. She wore a brown sweater, with a white button up underneath, along with long brown pants.

Seeing Haruhi in those cloths made my eye twitch in aggravation.

‘Why is she wearing my clothes?’ I asked in irritation, ‘And why’d she cut her hair like that? She looks like me now. God, I hope people don’t mix us up. Again…’

“Haruhi!! Why did you cut your precious hair?!” Dad cried clinging to my sister, crocodile tears spilling from his eyes. Haruhi glanced down at dad, a blank look on her face.

“Sorry Dad, but the kid next door must have put some gum in my hair yesterday. When I took my shower this morning I found the gum stuck in it and decided to cut my hair. It was easier than trying to get it out without cutting it.”

After hearing Haruhi’s story Dad had a waterfall of tears pouring from his eyes. “Her hair…” He cried distraught.

I look at Haruhi and asked while placing my empty mug in the sink, “Haruhi, do you want me to clean your hair up a little bit? That way people won’t mix the two of us up as much.”

Haruhi thought for a moment before shaking her head, “No thanks, I’ll fix it up sometime after school.” Haruhi took a sip of her milk, “Besides, I don’t care that I look like this. I mean it’s not anything super bad.”

Haruhi’s statement caused me to sigh, ‘Hasn’t she heard of the saying that first impressions are everything? If she goes like that people will think we’re poorer than dirt, well at least poorer than they see us to begin with. Stupid rich people, I can see it now. They’ll call us some obnoxious name like “Commoners” and be super prejudice. Thinking we don’t even have a stupid tea set or something like that.’ I think, a frown firmly etched into my face.

“Haruhi, wait!” Dad cried as the said girl left both dad and me in the kitchen, heading towards the exit.

“See you later!” Haruhi shouted, grabbing her bag and heading out the door. Dad sits on the floor with watery eyes.