Chapter 11

To be a gentleman: lesson 1 dancing—the basic steps

“let’s begin,” miss Kanako said taking me left hand in hers, “Right, left… Then feet together on the second ‘right’.”

‘Why am I doing this?’ I asked myself as I was ‘dancing’ with Miss Kanako ‘Oh yeah… Tamaki’s making me learn how to dance for the stupid party we’re having.’

“Harou,” Miss Kanako said, cutting me from my thoughts, “The gentleman always leads… so guide your partner.”

“Er, right…” I sweat dropped and continued to crudely dance with Miss Kanako. ‘Okay’ I thought to myself, ‘I got this… Now, right… left…ri…’ “AH!!” I cried as I accidently stepped on Miss Kanako’s foot, and flew forward, landing on top of my female partner.

“Oh! I’m sorry Kanako!!”I blushed heavily as Kanako snaked her arms around my shoulders

“It’s okay, Harou.” Miss Kanako said with a smile.

I quickly got off Kanako and offered her a hand to help her up, “Thank you” she said, dusting off her vibrant banana yellow dress.

“Miss Kanako, why don’t we take a break. Would you like some tea?” “Yes I would, thank you Harou. You’re such a gentleman!”

I sweat dropped but nodded my head anyways, “I’ll go make you that tea.” I muttered walking out of the room I was dancing in and into one of the home and career’s kitchens.

*5 minutes later*

I walked back inot the ‘Ballroom’ and saw Mitsukuni and takashi dancing. A light smile found it’s way onto my face as I wlked past the dancing dup and over towards Kanako, who was resting at a small table.

“Miss Kanako” I called setting the tea tray gently on the table ignoring the fierce stare of longing I felt on my back/ “I’m back with your tea. I hope earl gray will be fine for you.”

Kanako looked at me and smiled sweetly, “Harou, anything made by you I’d happily eat. Or in this case drink.”

I smiled nervously but nod my head in thanks, “By the way Kanako,” I said pouring the dark tea in a porcelain white cup with royal blue designs, “I’m sorry you got tapped for this.”

“I don’t mind. Your Hosting’s on hold while you practice isn’t that right?” she asked, “This way, I get to monopolize you time”

I looked at Kanako slightly confused but brushed it off as Kanako took her cup of tea and gave the cup an extensive look over.

“My…” she breathed, “These are brand-new Jinori tea sets.”

‘Jinori?’ I glanced down at the tea pot in my hands.

“You’re most observant.” Kyoya said, popping out of nowhere, causing me to flinch, “They just came in today.”

“I see.” Miss Kanako sid, a dreamy look in her eyes, “They’re such a nice color.”

“You seem to like dishes…” I said catching Kanako off Guard.

“What?!” Kanako shouted extremely flustered, “No, I don’t!! Not a bit!!” Kanako dropped her cup, causing her Hot tea to splash up on to her finger burning it.

My eyes widened and shot out of my seat, “You should go to the nurse” I said, leading Miss Kanako to the nurse’s office.

“Nurse…” I said walking in, but instead of seeing the school nurse. A boy with short brown hair and an Ouran’s boy uniform on.