Chapter Thirteen

Sandstar opened her eyes sleepily. She had forgotten where she was. Her eyes locked on to the body of the mouse she had eaten, flies circled it, biting hungrily. 

Sandstar blinked a few times, trying to process her thoughts. She got up, her legs were stiff and achy, and she padded out of the park, towards the alley. She passed the dens, passed the Thunderpaths. Until she finally made it to the alley. There, Raintail and Dart were waiting. "Where we're you?" Raintail hissed. Dart looked at her with a untrusting glance. 

"Yeah, Sandstar, where were you?" Dart asked, copying Raintail. "I was looking for a motor." Sandstar admitted glumly. "For what? So you could ditch us here?" Raintail snarled, she pointed her long tail at Dart. "Did you really? Did you actually try to leave us?" Dart asked, his eyes filled with sadness. 

Sandstar didn't answer. 

"So you did." Dart said, staring at his paws. "Guess you don't need my help." He said, he turned away. "Wait!" Sandstar said. "I might've tried to do that, but I would never leave you." Sandstar mewed quietly. Dart turned to look at her. "You mean it?" He asked. "I mean it." Sandstar replied. Dart brushed against Sandstar's fur, his sleek fur was soothing. 

Raintail growled. 

"You two lovebirds! I'll find my way back to Thunderclan by myself." She said. She crept out of the alley, snarling as she left. She disappeared from view and Dart sighed. 

"I didn't like her too much. Not the nice kind of cat."