♡ kuroken - 11.11 ♡

Childhood best friends had sleepovers.

So, of course, Kuroo Tetsurou and Kenma Kozume had sleepovers. Or, more likely, they had stay overs. No sleeping was ever involved. Kenma  would stay up on his gaming systems and Kuroo would either scroll through Instagram or bother Kenma.

At 10.02 pm on one of their weekly Friday sleepovers, Kuroo’s phone died. At 10.09 that same night, Kenma’s DS died and he had forgotten to plug his switch in, so it was dead too.

He groaned, and turned over to Kuroo, who was staring absentmindedly at the white ceiling.

“Kuroo?”

“Hm?”

Kuroo still seemed lost in thought, not fully paying attention to Kenma. And Kenma wanted attention.

“KUROO!”

“Ugh, I, uh - oh Kenma. “

“Yeah. Me. Kenma. My games are dead. How’s your phone?”

“It’s also dead.”

“Oh.”

Kenma wasn’t too affected, if Kuroo’s phone was charged he probably would have asked him to play music, only because he knew how much Kuroo loved listening to music.

“Kenma! I got an awesome idea.”

“That’s never a good thing.”

“Let’s bake a cake!”

“Why?”

“I want to. Let’s go!”

And before Kenma had time to protest, (not that he would have), Kuroo was dragging him off the kitchen with a smile on his lips.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

They were volleyball players. Not bakers. That became more and more evident as they tried to follow the instructions on the website. Kenma had boxes of cake mix, but Kuroo insisted on baking the cake from scratch. Surprisingly, the cake was done by around 11.00, and the two were slumped against the oven, smiles on both their faces.

Somewhere in the process, Kuroo had used a ponytail to tie back Kenma’s hair messily, and although Kenma didn’t notice as it happened, he was thankful for it now. Cake batter was smeared on both of their faces and their aprons were a disaster.

Speaking of the aprons, they just now realized they had each other’ s. Kenma’s was baggy around him and Kuroo’s looked a little, (maybe a lot), too tight for him. They looked into each other’s eyes, enjoying the moment.

Seconds later, they were laughing their heads off, clutching their stomachs.

“Oh.” Kenma looked at Kuroo confused, who was staring aimlessly at the clock on the microwave.

“Hm?”

“It’s 11.11!”

“So?”

“Make a wish!”

Kuroo was grinning with his eyes shut, head tilted back against the oven at an angle. He seemed lost in a happy thought, and soon Kenma joined him.

Both made their wishes, and opened their eyes to a clock reading 11.12. They stared at each other, blushing all the way from the top of their head to their chin.

“So, Kenma. What did you wish for?”

“Hm. Oh, aren’t you not supposed to tell anyone?”

“Nah. That’s only birthday wishes.”

“Well, what did you wish for?”

“Not telling!”

“Then why do I have to tell?”

“Because you - because um, you’re Kenma!”

“So? I’ll say if you say first.”

“Fine. I,”

Kuroo made eye-contact with Kenma, before quickly turning his head in the opposite direction.

“I wished for, I wished that we could be together.”

“Kuroo, we are together.”

“I mean like - together. Like, um, romantically.”

“Kuroo.”

“I know, I know - I’m sorr-”

“I wished we could do this.”

“Do what?”

Kenma reached over, squeezing Kuroo’s cheeks before giving him a quick peck on the lips.

“So - I - Um, I mean, I, Kenma - You - I, Pinch me please.”

So he did. He pinched Kuroo and he yelped. Nope, he was definitely not dreaming.

“Kuroo. Breathe. Did I break you? Are you okay?”

“Oh yeah- no- yes, well yes. I am now.”

“Good. Now, come on. The cake is almost done, and I don’t want burnt cake.”

“Okay.”

“Oh, Kuroo.”

“Hm?”

“Will you be my boyfriend?”

“I think I broke him again. Oh well, I can get the cake out myself. Kuroo, give me an answer by tomorrow, please.”

“Yes. YES! OH MY GOSH KENMA, YES A MILLION TIMES!”