E I G H T E E N

You can't bring
Up my past
To break me
That's what made me.

         'So this is it? There's no more papers to sign? Vinny asked their lawyer raising her eyes from the  bunch of legal papers in the table.

' No Mrs. Rao, we are done with the papers..' the lawyer, Narayan murti, in his mid fifties smiled at her warmly. His plump features relaxed into a slight smile as he collected all the papers on the table and put them back into the file near him.

Vinny leaned her throbbing back towards the black leather chair and try to sit comfortably.
Avi gave her a worried look which she shrugged off.

' So our pre nuptials are nullified. We don't have to worry about it anymore... right?' Avi wanted to confirm that this legal papers are not going to affect them anymore.

' Yes Avi... It's over. There's nothing to worry about it and I really hope there won't be any need of legal papers in between you two. You are perfect together. ' his voice was monotonous, but he was smiling heartily. Vinny and Avi beamed with pleasure at his remark.

They had signed the papers with his lawyer before their marriage, now he had called his lawyer to Kochi to nullify the same.
Both of them were too much in love that even thinking about staying apart for few hours was difficult for them...so a permanent separation wasn't anywhere in their thoughts.

Avi wanted to get rid of their stupid pre nuptials as soon as possible , for him it felt like a sin to keep such a stupid agreement when they loved each other so much.
So he had pestered his lawyer to come and clear their papers as soon as possible.

They had set up the meeting at his lawyer's friend's firm in Kochi , since Varun was still around and they didn't want to disclose anything to him.
Vinny wanted to keep it as a secret forever. It was better that way when everything was going well for everyone.

They came out of the firm with bright smile on their faces. It was early afternoon and Vinny was hungry. So they decided to have an early lunch at their own restaurant.

They had her favourite Hyderabadi biryani for lunch. Vinny wanted to try all the desserts available that day, but Avi didn't let her eat everything saying her blood sugar levels are on borderline.
Frowning and scowling Vinny settled with phirni, a bowl full of chilled nutty sweet dish was enough to fill her sugar cravings for some time.

' This is so delicious Avi. Can I have one more...please please please...' she pouted and winked and tried to work her charm on him who gave her icy glance and ordered for another serving.

' You won't eat anymore chocolate today. Promise me...then this bowl is all yours..' his hand rested on the new bowl and Vinny gave him a murderous glare then promised that she won't touch chocolate for the rest of the day.

' promise... promise....!! God!! This guy drives me crazy and he is so annoying,  I really really wish and pray that you get pregnant someday so that I could make you suffer... ' Vinny muttered as she stuffed her mouth with phirni and Avi choked on his juice.

' I don't think even god can help you on this. It's just impossible..' he retorted with a laugher.

Vinny gave him another glare and wiped her mouth with a frown.

' Fair enough... But I have great faith in science. Someday men will be able to get pregnant and I will teach you a lesson then...'
She cocked her head to see his expression.

' My god Vinny... Eat your phirni...it might cool your brain a little... It's really overworking now...' Avi couldn't held back his smile, only Vinny could come up with something like that...he shook his head in releif when Vinny diverted her concentration back to her sweet delight with a sparkle of merriment in her eyes.
Rest of her phirni vanished in seconds , she wanted to eat one more but Avi didn't let her this time. So she marched towards the washroom without waiting for him.