E L E V E N

Be a home
Be a light house
Be a summer day.
A safe, hopeful
and smile -inducing
Person all at once.
j.d

          Avi's study was a huge room, that Vinny thought about settling there permanently.

Vinny had access to this room always,  but she never thought about visiting it since she considered it as his personal space, even though he didn't use it much.

It was such a comfortable place with custom-built shelves, a comfy chair and a potted plants near  the big glass  window, which was directed towards the sea line view and  to her surprise, there was a long couch that's as welcoming as a bed.

Vinny was stunned by the view and the comfort the study gave, suddenly it became her favourite place in the house to hang out.

Vinny started to spend there more time, sometimes reading there, sometimes using the computer to finish her studies, or sometime binge watching movies or series.
She enjoyed her freedom whenever Avi left  for work, rest of the time he fussed around her about everything.

He was as scary as a mini version of  Hitler and as nosy as a grumpy mother in law, even though he had promised her that he won't be hard on her ,  he turned out to be Vinny's nightmare  most of the time.

He didn't let her walk around the house like before and her diet was filled with healthy food items including things she hated.

If she complained about it, he would always say that he got this meal plan from the dietitian which Dr. Sritha had suggested, if she's going to protest against each and every dish in her diet chart, he would hire a personal dietitian only for her and that made her to agree with him half-heartedly.

They never discussed about the scare they got two weeks ago, they just avoided it and pretended like nothing happened in the first place, and for them it was a closed chapter they never wanted to open again, but the after effects were huge from Avi's side that, Vinny was running out of her patience slowly.

She scowled and protested at time to time but  deep down, she enjoyed the attention she got from him. Avi was strict and had a problem with each and every plan of Vinny but somehow it showed how much he cared and that mattered to her.

So she endured him and enjoyed the free time she got from him in his study, glued to the computer and the books  just like today.

Vinny kept herself busy with her studies which she had converted into distant education program from Mangalore university, considering her present situation.
Her M.phil program in sociology was something she really enjoyed studying, weather it was distant or not. 

After texting Avi, who was running late that day , that she was about to go to sleep, Vinny got changed into her pajamas.
Holding her pillows and duvet set in her hand, she sauntered back to Avi's study to spend the night there. Since Avi is not around, it seemed a good idea for her to sleep in her favourite place than her room which lost its charm to the study.

It was around twelve and Vinny was going over the job sites munching over her last piece of chocolate when Avi knocked on the door and walked into the room with a frown in his face.

' Hi Avi...you are home already??'
She said trying to hide the wrapper of chocolate with her palm, in a vain attempt.