E I G H T

Happiness is not getting all you want. It's about enjoying all you have...

                Vihani has started to enjoy the new phase of her life slowly.
She has accustomed to her new city life which was an enchanting place.
She was told to take proper care about her pregnancy, so she stayed home most of the day but sometimes when Avi came home early, they went out , to explore the city.

And that became the favourite time for her. Avi had been to Kochi a lot of time by then. So he knew the city well enough to take her out for nice food, music and fun. So she looked forward for their outings and their relaxed conversations. She felt like she has made a friend for a life time who didn't judge her and let her be herself.

           It was a mutual feeling for both of them, they shared an ease in their relationship with each other. They liked the time they spend with each other,  there was a mutual comfort zone for them even when they are silent, just like now.

        It was a beautiful evening  and they were having a quiet stroll at marine drive. It was a pleasant evening, with a picture perfect view of the sunset turning the sky into hues of lavender and pink.
The area was built facing the backwaters and it was one of the most happening place in the city. There were a lots of tourists and locals were hanging out, enjoying the evening with the scenic view and calm breeze from the lake.

They gradually settled down on a chair close to the rainbow bridge. The huge arch shaped structure was covered with beautiful lights which gave a marvelous visual at night.

It was a beautiful evening with city lights reflecting on the lake as the moon shined in the sky. Vinny took a deep breath enjoying each and every second of the evening.

She was feeling happy, the days which stressed her out was in the past. At this moment, she felt happy n grateful for whatever she had.
It was a feeling she came to love these days.
Contentment..that was it. She was satisfied the way her life was going with a great friend like Avi with her. Their fake marriage wasn't something she worried or regretted anymore. In a way, it worked for both of them.

They were kind of glued to each other and whenever they were together, the smile that was lost once ,was kind of lingered on her lips.

    The gentle wind that was blowing throughout the  evening was playing with her long hair and she tied it in a knot with an elastic tie. The whole area was crowded with people that included locals and tourists equally with street vendors roaming around with their goodies.

There were kids playing beside them with a bubble blowing gun. They shrieked in  excitement whenever there was a lot of bubbles. It was fun to watch the bunch of kids having fun and Vinny smiled looking at them.

'Vinny...are you scared about your baby?' Avi was studying her features, which were mellow and there was that million dollar worth smile on her lips.

' What do you mean Avi?'
She turned her attention towards him and her gaze lingered over his chocolate brown eyes, which she came to like a lot.

' I mean you are going to be a mom soon. I can't imagine myself having kids...you know...no offense, but I just can't imagine how it will work' he grinned sheepishly.

'Oh!!' she sighed.

'I am scared Avi..more than you could imagine. It still feels unreal that there's a life inside me.... you know.
I am scared that I won't be a good mom and without a dad to take care, it's going to be hard for me and the baby... .I know...but I hope and pray that I would love and care my kid unlike my own dad'