59- The [Snow] Storm

A r a b e l l a

The school day ended after what felt like years. I somberly watched people around me. Some were obviously excited, while others were crying, surrounded by comforting friends. It was easy to say that Valentine's Day was not a favorite to all.

Jaz shakily sighed beside me. "Hey, you got this. Just walk over to her door and be sweet, okay?" I reassured her. She nodded, but my words did little to ease her anxiety. I pulled her in a tight hug and watched as she left.

Will never showed up and Emma was getting fiery by the minute. I could sense the anger radiating off of her. If Will didn't get his act together by tonight, I'd have to attend his funeral tomorrow, and I didn't own a black dress for that.

"Bella, I swear I'm going to rip that black sweater off of you and put it on," Emma hissed, glaring at my shirt. I instinctively stepped back, knowing her threat wasn't empty. Her face softened at my worried expression. "I'm sorry... He's just not answering my calls. I'm going crazy. What if he doesn't love me anymore?"

I gripped on to her shoulders, forcing her to face me. "Hey, don't worry, okay? Will's smart, he'll figure it out soon. If not, I'll hide the body with you."

A small smile formed on her lips and relief flooded through me. I just hoped he'd follow through with amazing plans so she wouldn't show up with his body at my door. "Thanks, Bellz." She pulled me in a quick hug before leaving me alone.

I skipped to Mr. Cullen's class.

"Hey dude, I'm here for the goodies," I grinned, eyes lighting up at all the chocolates on his desk. "You want some soda?"

He nodded and I tossed him a can, shoveling half the boxes into my bag. He watched in amusement but didn't stop me.

Right away, I could tell something was up. He kept fixing his hair and looking at his reflection on the computer monitor. He had a red tie on, which he wasn't wearing before. I also noticed the jacket hanging off of his chair. He was wearing a suit. 

He never wore suits to school.

With a mischievous smile, I said, "Good luck on your date."

His face turned a slight shade of red. "W-what? I don't..."

I cackled at his denial and left the room, never explaining my eventful week. The poor man didn't need more drama in his life right now.

~~~

"Okay, we're leaving now," my mom yelled from downstairs. I quickly ran down to see her wearing a beautiful pink dress. My dad wore a black suit with a tie that matched her outfit. A small smile played at my lips, seeing how adorable they looked.

"Have fun on your date," I grinned, reaching downstairs. Justin paused the TV show he was watching and waved at them.

"I'm so excited," she squealed before heading toward the garage.

My dad chuckled and waited for her to go out of earshot. Then he grabbed my arm and pulled me backward. "You made the reservation, right?"

"Yes," I giggled. "Ceaser Palace, eight o'clock, under your name. Don't worry, Dad, I'm not as irresponsible as you." He playfully rolled his eyes and kissed my forehead. Then he gave a quick wave to Justin and followed my mom out.

"Okay shithead, what time am I dropping you off?" I asked Justin once my parents were gone.

"Lemme just get ready," he said, hopping off the couch. I shook my head as he sprinted upstairs.

He had a hot date with his girlfriend tonight. They were dining at the local Chilis. Super romantic, I know. He still hadn't told our parents about her, hence why he wasn't ready. He didn't want to attract any attention to himself. He begged me for a ride, reminding me I had no plans this weekend. I agreed, only because I was an amazing older sister. He claimed he didn't need a ride back though, which was even better for me.