1- First Day Jitters

Ah, junior year. One of the last years of high school, but also one of the most stressful. 

I dramatically stared at the building in front of me, watching the students pile in. Parent's cars lined the lane, stopping only to drop their children off and let students cross.

My parking spot is super close to the building, located in the front row. The clock reads 7:10, only five minutes until the bell would ring.

Releasing a deep sigh, I grabbed my backpack from the front seat and slung it over my shoulder. My keys swung from my lanyard, occasionally jingling. I almost forgot to lock my car and pressed the button on my keys when I reached the entrance to the school.

Yes, my car was that close.

My phone buzzed and I checked to find a text from one of my friends.

Jaz: Where are you??? We're waiting by the library.

I sent a quick reply, telling her that I was on my way.

Scanning the halls, everything is your typical highschool scenery. There's the jocks, cheerleaders, then the normies.

And I? Definitely a normal person. Technically not a loser, but not at the top of the high school hierarchy either. In fact, my lack of passion really left me out of every clique to exist.

Yeah, let's just say I'm too untalented to be in any musical related groups, like band, choir, theater, etc.

"Ary!" My beautiful best friend called from across the hall. Her arms flailed, attempting to grab my attention. Even after I made eye-contact, she continued to show her unmatched enthusiasm. When I was in within ear-shot, she ran up and tackled me in a hug. "Happy first day!"

"To you too," I chuckled, hugging her back. We saw each other yesterday, but I guess it's been too long in her books.

Jasmine Shelton, AKA my best friend. She has long brown hair and tan skin. Although she's fully caucasian, she looks like a sun-kissed goddess. 

Her head shook as she grabbed my hand to lead me to our spot. "None of the others are here, pussies. They picked up their schedules and went to class. They'll meet us at lunch though.

Jaz also had a potty-mouth.

"Yeah, I have to go to first period soon. Let's go before we're late." As soon as the words left my mouth, the tardy bell rang. We both shared panicked looks and dashed to class.

We had the same class and I couldn't be more excited.

Our English teacher sighed as we ran in, hand in hand. "You're late," he noted, eyeing us disapprovingly. 

We both walked to the adjacent desks and I silently cheered that we could sit together. She seemed to have the same idea, glancing at me with a smirk. After setting my bag down, I focused on the professor.

My jaw dropped open as I took him in. He was... young. A super attractive young man stood at the whiteboard, rereading the attendance sheet.

"Who's that?" I whispered to my best friend.

"I don't know, but," she fanned her face, "he's hot."

"I know, right?" I gave her an incredulous look. We weren't used to having attractive teachers here at Westcreek High. They were mostly old or female.

I glanced around the classroom to inspect everyone else's faces. All the girls seem to have felt the same way, fawning over the new man. I swear I saw some drool.