Chapter 18

Laurent is still living with Rayne in January, and they've actually enjoyed each other's company. Laurent might be a human blood drinker, but he is nothing but pleasant toward Rayne.

Rayne made sure to point out to Laurent that she was a lesbian when he had flirted with her once. Laurent apologied a hundred times within a week after. Now, they are just friends.

"I'm heading to Port Angeles," Rayne states. "I'll see you soon."

"Get a print off of the baby for me," Laurent muses. "I am uncle Laurent, after all."

Rayne smiles and she goes out to her new car. She sold her Dodge Viper and bought a silver 2005 Volvo. She bought it on New Years, Emily helped pick it out. Rayne gets into her new car and she drives to the doctor.

Once in the ultrasound room, Rayne gets into a video chat with Rosalie. Rose, Esme, and Carlisle. A nurse holds the phone while another squeezes the gel onto Rayne's abdomen after warning her that it's cold. Venom til,s both Rosalie and Esme's eyes as the baby appears on the screen.

"There you are, mommies," the nurse coos, "and grandparents. There's the baby."

"The baby is perfect already," Esme coos. "When can she find out what she's having?"

"Around March," The nurse at the machine replies. "Miss Spears, would you like a print off?"

"Please," Rayne replies.

"Thank you for calling, baby," Rosalie coos. "I have to go. I love you."

"Ti amo anch'io," Rayne muses in Italian and hangs up.

Once she has her print offs, she drops one off with Laurent and she heads to La Push. She gives one sonogram picture to Paul for him and Rachel, and another to Emily for her and Sam. She and Jared never built a close bond like she did with Paul.

While Rayne is gone, Laurent smells a familiar scent and he vamp speeds to the attack. Bella Swan has come to visit the house but Rayne is gone.

(These next couple chapters may be fillers).