Chapter 3

The next morning, Rayne is woken up by a shrill squeal and crying. She rubs her eyes, too tired for this and she looks at the picture of Summer and herself but this time, she doesn't get sad as she thinks about Rosalie.

Rayne heads downstairs and finds her mother looking at the adoption papers with a wide-eyed Quinton beside her, he hadn't expected her to squeal.

"Hey, mom," Rayne greets.

Amelia looks at her daughter and she walks over, and engulfs her in a hug. Rayne smiles to herself, confused, and she hugs her mom back.

"Quinton and I are going to to speak to a social worker today and get this adoption in motion," Amelia states. "He's done signed the papers. We just have to make it official."

Rayne nods as she pulls away. "Good because rather he had said yes or no," she looks at Quinton and back to her mom, "he's my father."

Quinton smiles and he gets up. "You have to get ready for your day and I have a Saturday shift."

"Mom... I was invited to the Cullen house to hang out with my friends Alana and Emmett," Rayne says once Quinton is upstairs. "Can I go?"

"Of course!" Amelia replies with a smile. "Doctor Cullen says he has a single daughter when I brought you up."

"Rosalie; yeah, I met her," Rayne admits. "She's pretty... I'm going to go and shower before going."

Rayne kisses her mom's cheek before she jogs upstairs. She beats Quinton to the bathroom, earning a frustrated and amused groan from the other side. Rayne smirks to herself before turning on the hot water. She wishes to make a good impression on Rosalie, even though she is going to hang out with Emmett and Alana.

After showering and getting dressed, Rayne goes out to her car right as Quinton leaves in his cruiser. Rayne smiles at the retreating car and she opens the door to her Dodge Viper and slides in. She starts up the vehicle and drives to the address Alana gave her.

Rayne spots Rosalie standing on a balcony that overlooks the woods and driveway when she pulls up. The stunning blonde actually smiles when she sees Rayne as Alana runs out in a human speed.

Alana drags Rayne in, the copper haired girl easily ignored Alana's ice cold hand. The temperature outside is pretty harsh and it's sleeting a little. The weatherman is giving a freeze warning.

"Yo, there you are!" Emmett boasts as Alana leans Rayne to the kitchen.

Rosalie steps in from outside and she scowls at Emmett. "Emmett, don't scare her off, you big oomph."

Emmett gasps in phony hurt. "How rude! I am perfectly nice."

"Hey, Rosalie," Rayne greets in a small voice.

"Hey," Rosalie greets as Jasper and Edward walk in. "These two are Jasper Hale and Edward Cullen, two more of my brothers."

"The two I haven't met," Rayne adds. "Hello."

Jasper kisses the back of her hand politely. "Hello."

Rayne rises an eyebrow. "You're flattering but I'm not interested."