Chapter 14

Rayne Spears looks at herself in her full body mirror, smiling brightly. It's prom night and she is Rosalie's date. She is wearing s long purple dress with black stappy heels with some silver, horse like earrings.

Rosalie is downstairs in a red dress that is low cut and some black, strappy heels of her own. Hers have diamonds across the toes. Rose's hair is curled and done up nice.

Rosalie smiles when Rayne comes down. "You look absolutely beautiful, Rayne Lynn."

Rayne smiles. "You are breathtaking, Rosalie Lillian."

Rosalie and Rayne meet each other in the middle of the living room and their lips meet lovingly. They smile at each other before they head to Emmett's Jeep. They're car pooling with Emmett and Alana.

At the motel where the prom is being held, Rayne and Rosalie have their pictures taken as they enter. They see Jasper and Alice. Alice gasps at Rayne as they approach.

"I absolutely adore your dress, Rayne," Alice compliments with ease. "We made it to prom."

Rayne smiles. "We did... Rosalie is grumpy."

"Why?" Jasper asks, amused.

"Because I'm friends with Paul Lahote," Rayne replies and Rosalie sneers. "Oh, the pout doesn't look good on that face, Rose. Cheer up or I'll call Paul to be my date instead."

"You wouldn't!" Rosalie gasps.

"Wanna bet, babe?" Rayne teases.

Rosalie inhales when she realizes that Rayne is being a little Emmett. "You've been around Emmett too much."

Jasper lets out an amused laugh at this, a rare sound around humans. "She has a point, Rayne."

"She's about to be around me more," Emmett comments as he walks up. "Rose, can I steal your date? Alana wants you outside."

Rose kisses Rayne before she heads outside. Emmett drags Rayne to the dance floor as a slow song plays and he twirls Rayne around befofe he pulls her close, but not too close.

"Can i ask your a question?" Emmett asks. "It'll be a very... Emmett-like question."

"I'd expect no less," Rayne replies with a laugh. "What's your question."

"I know you're lesbian," Emmett says. "But what if you were one of the guys' mate?"

"Depends... which one?" Rayne teases. "I'd go straight or bi for some Jasper."

"What about me?" Emmett pouts.

"It'd be weird because you're like my brother, now," Rayne admits.

"Good answer," Emmett says smoothly.

Jasper and Alice smile at their conversation. Alana and Rosalie soon enter the gym. Rosalie isn't cheating on Rayne, she and Alana are close like sisters. Alana and Emmett have been fighting lately and Alana has been needing someone to talk to and Rosalie is always there.

"What'd we miss?" Alana asks.

"Rayne said she'd go bisexual or straight for Jasper if he mated on her instead of Rosalie," Alice chirps. "It's adorable."

"Why didn't she say that about Emmett?" Alana asks.

"Because he is like a brother to her," Jasper replies calmly. "Excuse me."

Jasper cuts in on the dance and he takes Emmett's spot. Emmett scowls as hell returns to the ladies.

"He stole my dancin' partner," Emmett pours. "Alana..."

"No," Alana shales her head and walks out.

"Baby!" Emmett bellows and he chases after her.
________

Rayne heads upstairs to catch a breather in a room, but when she finds one, she sees the familiar wild hair. The vampire turns quickly and she traps Rayne against the door as she shuts it.

"Why do you not smell human?" Victoria hisses.

"Be...because..." Rayne wheezes agaisnt Victoria's hold. "I'm not.... not human."

Victoria drops Rayne and she stares at her longingly before she leaves, wondering what Rayne is.