five. Saturday

ANTE BELLUM: VRAMSEY BIANCHI

ANTE BELLUM: V
RAMSEY BIANCHI

TODAY IS SATURDAY, THE BEST DAY TO FEEL ALIVE AND CRAZY. Thing is, I'm not like the rest of the teenagers, who like to sleep in late and then hang out. No, I like to wake up at four AM to work out, go for a run and just feel like myself for a couple of hours. Today I had opted to stay at home, I wore my NASA sweater and some sweatpants that belong to my cousin Ethan. I sat on the rooftop of my house, my legs are bend upward as I support most of my weight with my hands behind me.

I take in the fresh air that the morning has to offer, I chuckle as I'm aware of the beauty many people waste just to get more hours of sleep. My bright hazel eyes stare at the sky; in its infinite beauty, I could see the array of colors it showcases. Before me there was a sunset orange, bright and powerful, on top of the color was a different one. This one covered the majority of the sky, it was a faint deep blue with a small amount of light purple clouds covering it. The buildings were all black as the sun set behind them, birds flew across the sky, and for an odd reason, I felt at peace.

As I stare at the world, I couldn't help but wonder, why are there so many non-believers? We say life isn't perfect, therefore so are we. But when I stare at my surroundings, when the people are sleeping and the world is waking up so majestically, I beg to differ. I don't judge those who don't believe in God or whatever their religion throws at them, but it blows my mind how they are oblivious to not notice the proof. The sky, the immense ocean, our anatomy and biology, the breeze, the animals, oxygen, the ability to reproduce, etc... There is so much proof, yes, there is a book that gives you logical answers to everything. We call it science, but if you stop and take a minute to observe the world as something perfectly created to sustain human life; I can assure you, science cannot describe the feeling it gives you.

Science cannot explain what makes us humans, how can we have consciousness, what makes us different from animals, or how are we allowed to have imagination or dream. Many call them the mystery of the human mind, philosophy had taught us to question everything and if there is a solid answer then it's real. Ask, René Descartes, he'll agree with me. But I believe there is much to life than just logical explanation, perhaps the reason why we doubt is that we use logic as our tool instead of reason or just plain open-mindedness. But hey, all I know is; that I know nothing.

I could be totally wrong, maybe we are made of detritus, or maybe we are a work of a miracle. What you choose to believe, is your business, no one else's. Believe in what you choose, whether it's in favor or against.

I let out a content sigh as the sun fully peaks over the tall buildings, casting its sun rays over the city.