𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚. hero or fraud?

PETER PARKER

PETER PARKER

I can't fail him. He's my friend. I can't.

Those words circulated over my head like a sad, gray cloud. After leaving Oscorp, I went straight home, I just wanted to be alone and be able to think. Figure out a way to help Harry, how to still keep him motivated once I tell him that I won't be giving him my blood. But there was no easy way of telling him this, he was convinced my blood would save him, telling him no in such desperate time would invoke anger in him.

I pushed open the door as I went inside, locking the door behind me. "Aunt May?" I called as I noticed her keys on the small table when I hung my coat.

My eyes scanned the kitchen and the living room, there was no sighting of her, so I climbed up the stairs. "May?"

That's when I noticed her, I stood by the stairs and noticed the look of concern on her face as she sat in my bed. My heart dropped to the pit of my stomach at the realization, I remember going nuts one night and turning my wall into a research board. Pictures of my parents, pieces of newspapers where they spoke of my dad and his job at Oscorp, photos of Ramsey, and information about who Hayek was. I tried to figure out why they were connected, why she needed Rasmey, and what she was planning on doing.

I pushed my door further, so I could walk in, my face showed panic and embarrassment. "What are you doing?"

Aunt May motioned at the wall, her eyes bloodshot and the tip of her nose, red. "When did you do this?"

Her voice wobbled as she spoke, I took a quick glance at the door before slowly walking up to her. "There's something you're not telling me, Aunt May. Every time I mention my parents, your eyes go down." She looked away as if hiding something. "I know that you're not telling me something, you lie to me. I know you love me..."

My knees kissed the surface of my bedroom floor, my eyes softened as my hands gently took Aunt May's hands.

"I don't know..." She lied, her eyes never once met my eyes, they were trained on her lap.

A long, tired sigh escaped my lips before I let go of one of her hands and gently grabbed her chin, making her look at me. "I know you love me, but you do." Her chin wobbled, but she tried to remain composed. "You have to tell me, Aunt May. It's my father."

She sucked in a deep breath as if my words had offended her. "Yes, he was your father, but that didn't seem to stop him from leaving you..."

"I need the truth." That was all I had to say, no more lying, no more secrets about them. I need to know the truth.

She nodded, breathing in as she thought of what to say before beginning. "The truth is... your parents left you here, on our doorstep. And you were this little boy whose whole world was turned upside down with no explanation." I squeezed her hands gently and her eyes darted down to them.