𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣. like the moon and the sun

RAMSEY BIANCHI

Today was truly a day of celebration, the whole day I spent with my family. After the ceremony had ended, we went to eat. Then we went to the mall and ended up going to the cinema, then we went home and waited until dinner before making our way to the restaurant to meet up with Stacey's. For once, I wasn't sad about not having my parents around, ever since these powers manifested, I've felt different. The emotional baggage felt lighter, and I don't know why, it was as if the powers had healed the scar in my heart.

I'm not so sure.

Dim Sum was packed, hazel orbs scanned the small restaurant, a smile made its way to my face as I felt the energy of the place. I looked around and saw people enjoying themselves, I saw them smiling and laughing, their energy was bright and alluring, warm even. Now my eyes rested on the people at my table, Ethan was showing something on his phone to Howard and Connor was talking to Philip about sports. Aunt Ivana and Mrs. Stacey exchanged work gossip, laughing while enjoying their wine.

"Have you applied to any colleges?" Gwen changed the topic, I swallowed the dumpling before taking a sip of my soft drink.

I shook my head, giving her a guilty look. "No... I haven't." I exhaled tiredly. "I'm thinking about taking a sabbatical. Right now, all I can think of are these powers. I've been studying them and training myself. It's where my focus is at."

"I get it." Gwen gave me a reassuring smile. "As long as you end up getting into college, it's okay to take a sabbatical."

I bit my lower lip. "You know... I can't stop thinking about something." Gwen nodded encouragingly. "Why Hayek awoke these powers in me? Why would she do that?"

"I don't know why, but it can't be good," Gwen told me, she placed a hand on my own, looking at me sympathetically. "We'll find out, and we will work this out."

I let out a sigh of relief, giving her a grateful smile, she smiled back, and then her eyes looked at something behind me. "Oh, boy."

"What?" I turned around and was able to catch Peter's sad face before he started to walk away from the restaurant. "Oh." I stood up, getting the attention of everyone. I grabbed my coat and put it on, I felt for Peter's gift in my pockets and was able to feel the USB. "I'll be back. Peter's outside, I'll go see what's up."