Chapter 4

Pic of Eris ^-^ --Avril Lavigne

This chapter is also dedicated to inuHearts for voting! :D thanks so much <3

[]

"What the hell happened here?" My dad barked looking at the shattered mug on the floor. My gaze snapped away from the girl's quickly.

"I'm sorry dad, it fell and now--uhm, she's covered in coffee. I swear I'll clean it up." I said bending down and picking up a couple of pieces. I really needed to learn her name. My mate's name.

"It's fine. I gotta go back to work. When I come home this whole kitchen better be spotless. And give the poor girl a new shirt." My dad muttered, grabbing his lunch and walking out.

We stood there awkwardly for a little while until she said, "Well uh, my name's Eris, and I don't really need a shirt..you know since I live next door?"

"Right! Uh, I'm sorry about your sweatshirt. You can uh, go change now." I blushed a bit and headed towards the closet, grabbing a broom. What the hell? I never blushed!

"Oh, I uhm, could help you clean up the mug before I go! It is partially my fault, I'm the one who hit you with the door. Again." She reddened a little, not meeting my eyes.

"That would be great." I couldn't help the sigh of relief that left my lips. I hadn't even realized that I had wanted her to stay.

"So, Eris is a unique name." I muttered, trying to make conversation as I swept the glass up and she cleaned the counters.

"Uhm yeah," she replied, not meeting my eyes.

[]

Eris left after the kitchen looked nice and clean, like my dad wanted.

It was awkward, cleaning in silence. I wanted her to go so I could think things through, but at the same time I wanted her to stay, and so did my wolf. So I of course ignored my inner wolf, and Eris had left.

But was I a lesbian? Sure I had never had any boyfriends, but that's just because I was waiting for my mate. I didn't want any broken hearts. And I had never even thought about dating a girl.

But there she was. My mate. It was awful. I mean, she wasn't awful but the situation was! My dad wanted me to mate a strong male. And the truth was, I didn't want to be married to some other old Alpha of a different pack. I wanted to get to know her, I wanted to be able to call her mine, and I wanted to be able to tell my dad to shove it, that I didn't care what he thought. That I wanted Eris even if she was a girl!

But I wouldn't be able to do any of these things. And I knew it would kill me.

[]

I went back to school on Friday. My throat was a little sore, my nose was stuffy, but the fever was gone and I wasn't throwing up anymore, so I was forced to go to school. Stupid mother. Doesn't she know I need my beauty sleep?

Homework was a bitch, and one stupid ass teacher told me I couldn't do the homework for some reason but I tuned her out after that. Needless to say that teacher was not getting any special thanks from me any time soon.

"I'm sorry, you can't do the homework because blah blah blah." I mocked her under my breath, silently choking her with my mind. See usually I would be like, no homework? Yay! But this would drop my grade a lot.

That bitch.

[]

Lunch wasn't any better. Since I was still sick everyone refused to sit with me, and Jeremy wasn't there that day.

I chomped down angrily on my sandwhich, that I couldn't even enjoy because my assholes of friends. After finishing the said food in one last angry bite, I started chugging down my apple juice.

All that day I had thought about Eris, but we didn't seem to have classes together. And I didn't even know if we had the same lunch. I banged my head on a table, wanting to just disappear.

"Are you okay?" I jumped at her voice.

"Y-yeah I'm fine. My friends are just being little dick-panties." I chuckled. Then my eyes widened. What if she was uncomfortable with swearing? Didn't like it? But to my relief she laughed.

"Can I sit with you?" She asked, awkwardly standing there holding her tray.

"Sure." I smiled. "But don't other people ask you to sit with them? Since, you're new and all."

"They used to ask, but I wasn't a cheerleader or jock so they lost interest. And some other people kept asking so I sat by them but I didn't really fit into their crowd." She explained as she picked a piece of salad off of her tray.

"I know what you mean." I nodded as I set my head in my hand.

"So do you like to read?" She asked, making conversation.

"Definitely not."

"Oh. I love to read." She smiled a little and looked down.

"So what's your religion?" I asked, changing the subject quickly. I disliked seeing her disappointed. "Each time I see you you always end up saying 'oh my gods'."

"Oh uhm, actually." She blushed. "That's from a book series. Percy Jackson? Maybe you've heard of the movies. They kind of suck but...the second one wasn't as bad as the first. They got some stuff wrong but it wasn't an awful movie...." She rambled, obviously a bit flustered. The bell rang and students jumped up, dumping their trays and heading towards their next class. "Oh! Uhm, anyways, maybe I'll see you later? Being neighbors and all." She smiled and jogged away, keeping her head down.

I chuckled and dumped my tray, being one of the last people out.

[]

When I got home I threw my bag onto the floor and face planted onto the couch. Nap time. Maybe I would dream of Eris..

Somebody knocked at the door and I groaned, getting up to open the stupid thing. When I opened it I saw a girl from the pack standing there, looking as if she wanted to be anywhere but there.

"Uhm your dad told me, to tell you, that he and your mom are going to be gone for a week on pack business. And that you're new neighbor will be checking up on you from time to time." She explained, looking everywhere but me.

"Okay." I shrugged as if it were no big deal and closed the door in her face. Pack business. Now my dad and mom had gone out of town way longer to do pack business but this time it was different.

He was going to try to marry me over to another Alpha.

My deadline was up.

A/N

Wow I got 4 votes! That makes me really happy, you have no idea. So if you voted and this chapter wasn't dedicated to you I'm sorry!

But I'm going to keep doing the dedications to people who vote and if you vote again you'll probably get a dedication :)

Also my goal until I update next is 350 reads and 4 votes!

If I reach this goal sooner than expected I can't say that I'll update right away. It took me awhile to write this and since Christmas is coming up I'll be with my family. So a fair warning that I probably won't be updating on Wattpad for about 6-7 days but I'll try to work on the chapter at least just in case.

Please vote if you enjoyed cx

XOXO

~Super_Freak_