Chapter 15

I had to shift back to human to tell Eris to climb on my back and hold on tightly. It hurt like hell to do that and shift back again, I still wasn't used to it and wouldn't be for awhile, but I had to get home and pack my things, and Eris still had to pack her things. She still didn't seem in the right of mind, but she didn't seem completely out of it either.

When I started to run, Eris's let out a shriek and clung to me tightly. I shook my head a little, and tried not to smile since it would probably just creep her out even more. Wolf smiles weren't very cute.

As I ran I couldn't help but notice the trees whizzing past me and the feel of the wind on my fur. It felt great, and it was beautiful. The pain of shifting was worth it. Eris never loosened her grip.

[]

As I approached my house I took deep breaths, trying to calm myself. I would only be gone for a couple of days at most, if I was lucky. I didn't know what Mason wanted, and I didn't exactly want to find out. It all happened so fast, Mason just appeared back into my life. It wasn't okay, he disturbed my peace. Well, I guess it wasn't that peaceful. I was still scheduled to mate with the 50 year old Alpha, and didn't have a plan. On the bright side this trip would give me a chance to think.

I let Eris climb off of me and I started to shift back. I felt my claws turn into my regular finger nails, my fur fell off, and my bones started snapping back in place. I heard the faint noise of Eris gasping but didn't pay much attention.

When I was fully human I tried not to be too embarrassed about how I was still naked, but grinned when I saw that Eris obviously was.

I took her hand in mine and went to the back door, hoping my parents weren't home. I cringed at the sound of the sliding glass door opening, but shut it quickly when Eris and I were in the house. When I turned around I gasped at the sight of Jeremy in front of me.

"Holy shit, Jer! You fucking scared me to death!" I whisper yelled, clutching my chest. My boobs were just kinda hanging there awkwardly.

"What the hell happened? You just disappeared on me! I was worried sick, Vi." He sighed and jogged towards me engulfing me in a hug. I pat his back awkwardly. He was crushing my boobs. Ouch.

"It's not important." I lied. "Are my parents home?"

"No, they just left to some dinner party with the Alpha of Garthem pack." He said, finally letting me go. I cringed.

"Great." I muttered sarcastically. "Me and Eris have to go. You need to cover for me, tell them I'm over at Hayley's and if they call her then just tell her to help me out, too. I know I'm being bossy but it's important. I can't tell you what's happening but I'm trusting you." I said hurriedly as I grabbed Eris's hand and dragged her upstairs towards my room. I quickly threw on a bra and panties, a loose black t-shirt, and some sweatpants. Then I grabbed my black duffel bag and started shoving a bunch of clothes in it, not caring if anything matched or not. After grabbing about 5 stacks of cash and throwing it in, I zipped it up and grabbed my black and red flannel coat, throwing it on as I jogged downstairs.

Eris struggled to keep up with my pace and clung to my shirt tightly the whole time.

"Vi.." Jeremy trailed off, but seeing my expression he nodded, giving me an exasperated look.

"Thank you Jer." I said sincerely. "I love you. I shouldn't be gone very long, but I'll call you." I gave him a tight hug and kissed him on the cheek.

I ran out my front door to Eris's house. She opened the door and ran inside, to her room. I jogged up after her and saw her stuffing clothes and books into a back pack. "I'm gonna go get ready to shift." I grimaced, about to turn away when she stopped me.