t h r e e [Eyes on Fire]

*AUTHOR'S NOTE*

HELLO!!!! I know, you all hate me. But you're going to hate me even more once this chapter is done. Woohooo.

FOR ANYONE STILL CONFUSED: Stockholm Syndrome- a psychological thing where the victim, in order to survive, feels that they need to empathize with their captor if their life is threatened. They have positive feelings towards the captor because if they didn't, they think that in their own they wouldn't survive.

WARNING: triggers, I think.
__________________

Eyes On Fire
__________________

Holland's POV 

I had been laying in this bed for three hours now, waiting for the perfect moment to leave. I had asked Grey and Ryker to let me sleep alone. Grey had gotten mad at me, and we came up with a compromise. He and Ryker would sleep on the floor around my bed to "protect me". I had just rolled my eyes as anxiety swelled within me at the thought of seeing Theo later.

I slowly sat up in bed and looked at the sleeping figures on the floor. I smiled at how adorable they looked, and a warm feeling swept through my veins. I bit my lip and slowly peeled back the covers, and stepped out of the bed. I tiptoed around their sleeping figures, and tried not to step on the creaky floorboards.

Creeeaakkk. My body instantly froze, my hand on the doorknob and my eyes screwed up shut as I waited. I looked back and saw that they had just shifted in their sleep. I breathed a sigh of relief and opened the door, walked through it, and shut it quietly.

I looked down the unfamiliar hallway, and sighed in frustration. I just have to guess my way back to Theo then. If they were to put him in a cage, they would put him in the basement. Now how do I get to the basement? 

I pulled my pullover down so it covered more of my thighs as I walked down the hallway, twisting and turning down hallways before I got to a huge staircase. I went down it, and came to the foyer of the house. I peeked into the kitchen, and memories of first meeting Grey's mother filled my mind, a smile slipping on my face.

I saw a door all the way to the right of the kitchen, tucked away and out of everyone's sight. I tiptoed to the door, and opened it, cold air enveloping my body. I looked down the cricketedy stairs and slowly made my way down them. I grabbed my pullover in my hands as I came into a dark hallway that stretched both ways.

Why do I always have to make a choice? I asked myself as I frantically looked down both ways. I sighed and started walking down the hallway to the right. I saw a ring of keys hanging on the wall, so I grabbed it just in case. There were cages on each side, almost like a prison. Most of them were empty, but the ones that weren't had the person either chained to the wall or knocked out on a cot. Why were they in these cages?

I almost gave up when I finally found him. There he was, chained to the wall and his head hanging on his chest. Was he sleeping?

"Theo?" I quietly asked, and his head snapped up. His eyes instantly brightened.

"Hey baby girl!" I went through about six keys before I finally found the right one. My heart clenched as I stepped into the cage. I pulled my panties down my legs and strode over to him. He smirked at me.

"That's a good girl." He said as I brought my hand up to his face, cradling his cheek. I stood on my tiptoes as I placed a kiss to his lips, and he immediately responded with urgency, his tongue slipping past my lips and dancing with mine.