Chapter 10

TIME SKIP

2 YEARS LATER

SENIOR YEAR

Kasumi

I groaned after hearing my alarm clock ringing.

"Kasumi!! Wake up!! First day of Senior year!" my uncle banged on my door.

I didn't bother to get up. I heard the door knob twisting, and my room door was swung open. Sunlight suddenly shone my room. Instinctively, I covered my face with my blanket. I heard footsteps walking to the direction of my bed. Either it was gravity or my uncle, my blanket was lifted, and I felt a little bit of the heat from the Sun. I curled my body into a ball, burying my head in my arms.

"I know you're awake..." my uncle says calmly.

"Don't make me bring up the water." my uncle warned.

"I'm up! I'm up!!" I shot up from the bed.

"Geez... you get lazier every year." my uncle mumbled.

"You're one to talk, Kakashi-ojii-san.." I stuck out my tongue at my uncle as I got off the bed.

"Hurry up, Kasumi."

"Yeah, yeah, old man..." I took out my uniform from my closet.

"Unless you want to ride with me to school, I suggest you hurry up." my uncle says as he exited my room.

I brought the uniform to the toilet. I took a quick shower and quickly put on my uniform. After buttoning the last button on my school blazer, I tied my hair into a high ponytail while my fringe fall in my face. I took my bag and slung it onto my right shoulder. I took my helmet after my bag. I ran down the stairs and into the kitchen, where I found my uncle reading the morning newspaper and drinking coffee.

On the kitchen table, there was a plate of two pieces of buttered toasts, beside it was a cup of freshly brewed coffee. I stared at it for awhile before taking my seat.

"Hurry up and finish your breakfast." my uncle says while turning to the next page of his newspaper.

"I know that..." I sweatdropped while looking at him.

"I missed the days when you were younger. You were less... stubborn." Uncle Kakashi says calmly.

"Hey! I'm not stubborn!" I snapped.

"Think whatever you want, Kasumi." he smiled his close-eye smile.

"If I were you, I'll eat quickly." he winked.

I stared back at the plate.

So... it's been two years since I moved here, huh? It seems long yet it feels like a train ride, from a station to another station. 

I chewed on the piece of toast quickly. Once I was done with the toasts, I gulped the cup of coffee down as fast as I could. I had forty minutes before school starts and I wanted to scare a few Freshmen. 

"Thanks for the breakfast, uncle!" I exclaimed.

"I'll go first! Don't be late on the first day, Uncle Kakashi!" I smiled.

"Okay... take care and don't get into too much trouble." my uncle warned.

I turned around and started exiting the house.

"I'm gonna see about that, Uncle Kakashi..." I smirked.

I got onto my motorcycle. I wore my helmet and secured my school bag in front of me. I ignited the engine and started zooming of into the direction of the school. About fifteen minutes later, I entered the gates of the school. As I was riding around the parking lot, finding a parking space, I saw many new faces and a few students were staring at me in shock.

I was passing by a black car. On its bonnet, there was a figure of guy lying on it while a girl with long blonde hair was pinning the guy down. Her butt was sticking out and the guy had his hands on her waist. They looked like they were making out.

"Seriously?! Out of all the places in the school, they chose this place to make out?!" I stared at the couple in disgust. 

The girl turned around and smirked at me. It was Ino, below her was... unsurprisingly, Deidara. The screen of my helmet was down but I knew Ino knew it was me.