Chapter 9

Kasumi

I woke up at around 9 in the morning. I did my usual routine; crawl to the toilet, shower, change, and eat breakfast. Now, it's 12pm. I was standing in front of my closet, looking through my clothes for a presentable dress. I heard my phone ringtone playing. I grabbed my phone and unlock it. The caller ID was Temari. I answered the call.

"Hello? Temari?" I answered.

"Yo, Kasumi!! Are you going to Sasuke's birthday party tonight?" she asked.

"Erm, yeah. Why?" I asked.

"Have you got your dress yet?" Temari asks.

"Nope." I answered.

"Ask her if she wants to go dress shopping with us." I heard Ten Ten in the background.

"Do you want to go dress shopping with Ten Ten and I?" Temari asks.

"Sure, I'd love to." I answer.

"Cool... we'll be at your house in about fifteen minutes!"

"Sure."

Temari hung up the phone. I changed into a pair of dark skinny jeans, and a blue plaid long sleeve shirt. I wore my black sneakers. I took my messenger bag. I tied my hair in a high ponytail.

Fifteen minutes later, I heard a honk outside of the house. It was Temari's white convertible car. I walked to the passenger seat and opened the door. During the ride to the mall, it was kinda quiet, except the music that was blaring out from the radio.

"So, don't mind me asking but, where's Ino, Sakura and Hinata?" I asked.

"Ino, Sakura and Hinata are like a clique, just the three of them. The two of us are like, the fourth and fifth wheelers among them." Ten Ten scoffed.

"Ah, now I know why..." I say to myself.

"What do you mean?" Temari asks.

The light turned red and Temari stopped the car. She turned back and looked at me.

"Well, I've noticed that the two of you don't eat lunch with Ino, Sakura, Hinata and I anymore." I explain.

"I, too, feel like an extra whenever I'm with them." I added.

"Temari! Green light!" Ten Ten shook Temari.

Temari turned around and begun driving again.

"Well, you know, you could always have lunch with us!" Ten Ten says.

"Sure! I'd love to!" I smiled.

A few minutes later, Temari, Ten Ten and I are walking around the mall, looking for a dress shop. About half an hour later, we found a dress shop named 'Lady Miko's'. As we entered the shop, we were greeted by the sales person. At the sides of the shop were dresses - all color coded - of many designs, short and long. I've never seen many dresses in my life!

We were browsing through the racks. About fifteen minutes later, we found our own dresses. Surprise, surprise... I didn't know I could find a dress that I'd like in such a short time. We went to the dressing room.

"Okay, once you've finished changing, go out of your changing room once I call the signal, yeah?" Ten Ten says, as she was about to enter her dressing room.

Temari and I nodded. About five minutes later, I was finished changing.

"I'm done..." I told Temari and Ten Ten while I was hoping for a reply.

"I'm done too." I heard Temari reply.

"Hold on! Wait a sec!!" Ten Ten called out.

"Okay, now!!" Ten Ten exclaimed.