Chapter 17

When I opened my eyes, Kyra was sitting on the wide windowsill holding her knees close to her chest and looking outside. I remembered my dream clearly knowing that it was more than just a dream. Kyra was too quiet that I was scared to break her silence. Now I could remember every time she had entered my life and my feelings towards her were stronger. From what I had seen I was sure of one thing: she will erase my memory as soon as we are done. The thought disturbed me. I didn't want to forget her, no matter what.

"Hey," she said when she saw my eyes open. Her face was expressionless but I could see deep in her eyes, she was sad. She knew about my dream. "Get ready," she jumped down the windowsill. We should be in the Forgotten City by this evening."

"There is no way we will make it in time," I started worrying yet I got up but I heard a sound, from outside, very well aware that it was the sound of a plane. "I used your phone to ask Tseng for the biggest plane possible, to take Fenrir," she informed me dryly, "sorry for that, but it was the only way." I didn't mind her doing that. That was really the only way. When I checked my phone, I saw the text.

"Found the whereabouts of Sephiroth. Send me a plane, big enough for my motorcycle, I have to be there by tonight."

They had not landed far from us. It was out of the town, but we got there fast. Reno was piloting it. "Hey Cloud," he said, "we meet again," wasn't in the mood of answering him. So I ignored him and sat at the back, on the seats for the passengers of the plane in front of Kyra and far from Reno and Tseng.

My head was filled with questions, about the wishes, the past, the future and I needed to ask. But seeing her face, I didn't want to remind her that I had seen them all. Instead, I asked the question which was not related to us.

"Who is Jamie?" she looked at me confused, "Your father cursed him." she looked down for a second, "You caught that, huh," she smirked. I wanted to tell her if it was an unpleasant story she didn't need to tell me. But she started, "the leaders of Cetra, the Oakley family, had specific qualities unique for each individual. Mine was that I would not get hurt by anyone unless I trusted or loved them. My father was a great leader. But every leader still had his own enemy..." she paused and looked at me in the eyes. "Tell me," she said, "what would you do to destroy a royal family?" I got thinking but I couldn't think of any specific answer. "Kill them?" I finally guessed. She nodded, "yes, but not when you need them. You see, My father was a great Cetra, they needed him for keeping the peace with humans and protecting our realms. They needed me for their wars. I was the youngest yet most powerful general they could ask for. So, they simply cut our bloodline." she paused to let me digest her words. Now I could reach the answer to her question. "Jamie was a human," she continued, "he didn't know anything about the circumstances of hurting the Oakly family: We were chosen by the planet to guide them and hurting us would bring misfortune. Jaime approached me and made me believe that he loved me. One night, he stabbed me and ran away." Kyra placed her hand on her stomach, on her womb. "I was in pain and was bleeding for three days. No materia was helping. Once the blood stopped, I realised that I can never have a child." she stopped. I could feel anger and hatred towards this guy. "What happened to him?" I wanted to know. she looked up. I could see a satisfied smirk on her lips.

"I, didn't do anything to him," she said, "planet did."

"And the misfortune?" I asked.

"We all believe it was Jenova."

She looked outside from the small window next to her head. I could believe that Jamie not only caused Kyra a huge pain but everyone on the planet for more than two thousand years. I really hoped his punishment was enough for his crime. He was the reason for summoning the goddess of calamity and the death of thousands, if not millions, of people. He deserved a good punishment.

"We are flying fast, and will be there sooner than we need," she said, "the good thing is we have gotten rid of his clones and remnants. Otherwise, the moment he wakes up, they would have gone berserk," she looked down as she tried to avoid my eyes while changing the subject from her past. I was not done yet.

"Promise me something," I said looking straight at her eyes. She looked up, surprised. "I don't want you to erase my memories," I demanded. "But," she was hesitant, "you saw the future. My memories will disturb that future." I was annoyed. I knew the ending of the story yet I was struggling to hang on the least thing I could. "I don't care," I said but I saw her sad face. "Look," I leaned forward, "I will live a happy life, you have my word." I heard her sigh. "When you don't give me permission, I cannot erase your memory even if I want to." that made me happy, yet difficult to believe. I wanted to trust her but I had seen how easily she does that. For some reason, she didn't even need to touch her target to make them forget. "Promise," I demanded once more. "I promise," she whispered bitterly. I was happy with that. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello Hello!

Thank you all for the votes and readings. Do it more :D Hope you are enjoying reading it as much as I enjoy writing it. 

I thought I need to give some explanations since not everything is in the FFVII story. I have read a lot about that world but yet I used my own imagination to fill the gaps. I assumed that when people die, they go to the promised land. It could be that, right? we never saw a grave or a corpse in that world so I thought they just turn into the mako dust to go to the promised land. Yet if the promised land is equivalent to heaven, not everyone deserves to go there. So I assumed that bad people will turn to normal ash. 

The other thing is the fall of Jenova. she was called the calamity and yet I related him to Jamie. She was not summons (or if she was there is no mentions about it in the story) but yet I made it look like that. hope you forgive me. 

I know lots of you ship Cloud and Tifa and I did a fair thing to have a scene between the two in the last chapter. that was enough :D as you can see I am not a fan of her. though I should confess the remake game changed my idea about her a bit as she had a better character in the Remake game. 

For the ones who ship Cloud and Aerith, I should say that Cloud, as himself, never LOVED the girl. he was confused because of Zack's memories. especially that Zack had mentioned her to him so he knew about her. Zack even asked Cloud: "if you see Aerith, say hi for me." during the crisis core game also he had mentioned her. So Cloud knew about his feelings for her. Aerith though, based on "On the way to a smile: Aerith" loved Cloud. but I don't care :D 

Anyhow, let me know what you think and leave a comment if something is confusing/doesn't make sense. I will explain it.