Chapter 10

They outnumbered us and we both knew it. It was absolute madness attacking that many people and not killing them before making sure they are just puppets. The scene seemed like two humans being attacked by many giant mosquitoes. Kyra was using her bow to hit them in a not-fatal area just to drop them and then she would go towards the injured, injuring some others on the way, touch him and then kill him. This process was long, dangerous and impossible to finish. I had to hit them, and then make sure that Kyra had examined them before I finished them off.

Not long after, we were both tired, sweaty, hardly could breathe and hadn't been done with even half of them. What attracted my attention was the man we saw first by the river. He was not doing anything, but standing there and not even looking. "The guy by the river," I shouted after I plunged my sword in someone's stomach with the right hand and cut off someone else's hand with my left. Kyra looked at him. A good distraction for the one behind her, but she was fast enough to defeat him before he could do anything. "They are protecting him!" she shouted and used one of the daggers she was carrying on her thigh to drop the one on her right, dead.

It seemed that he, the man who seemed out of this world, was the one we were looking for. That would make our job easy. "Kill as many as you can!" she shouted. I was already on it. When I heard her scream, she was cornered by four of them and behind her was a huge tree. She was too far away for me to save her, so I threw her a piece of my sword I had in my left hand and broke down the sword on my right. The sword hit one of them and he fell down. Kyra pulled it out of his body and started using that. She knew very well how to handle a sword that heavy.

Since we started killing them, their number started to decrease quickly. It was easy enough now: find an opening to a fatal area and hit it. Chop the head off or push the sword through the chest. It did not need much thinking.

I realised that most of them were remnants than his clones. Even his clones hardly looked like himself. A bald, sometimes short, figure who only had the face. A couple of them were even blind. It was as if Sephiroth had used all the energy he had just to make these people. The number of remnants was terrifying; for each of them was one person he had killed.

Among them, I remembered Kadaj. Kyra said he was a good person. How many of the people I was killing that day, were once good people?

"Cloud!" I heard Kyra and realised one of them was right in front of me. I was fast but Kyra was faster. We both pushed our weapons into the man's body. "Focus!" she scolded me and hit another one. Once again I was wondering if she actually was in my head.

I don't know how long it took. I know we were both shattered. My muscles were hurting and I was panting. I could feel the throbbing of some scars on my body, none was deep but some were making my movements painful and slow. I hardly could swing my sword; so I separated some parts to make it lighter. I looked at Kyra, who was now using her bow again, she had some scars but none of them seemed dangerous. Not many were left. The man was yet standing still there.

Kyra dropped down the last men. We both looked at our main enemy, who seemed he had just noticed us. Our breaths were short and our bodies drained. Our only hope to stand on our feet was that he was the last.

The man in the black cloak turned around and under the hood of his cloak, I saw his familiar face. It was Sephiroth.