Chapter 15

The battle started when Kyra aimed her first arrow at Jenova. The arrow was faster than it was before, too fast that Jenova did not make it in time to dodge. Though, instead of her forehead, it hit her right eye. She started screaming in pain in a deafening voice. Kyra used another arrow and started running to her. The monster looked at her, now all her attention to her. 

Kyra's speed was incredibly fast and her movements difficult to follow. But Jenova managed to duck and dodge most of her arrows. she was surrounded by arrows from every direction yet she knew how to defend herself. she turned some to fire and ash, and for some, they broke and fell. Kyra jumped over Jevona's head where she had the least sight but her arrow hit the ground. Another time she tried attacking her from right, but she heard her and the arrow again hit a tree behind her. Jenova attacked her and grabbed her from the neck. Kyra aimed an arrow while being strangled. to dodge that, the goddess of calamity threw her on the ruins of one of the burning houses.

When getting up, something caught Kyra's eyes. There was a sword left behind right next to her. The owner had probably died in the flames or might have been lucky enough to flee. She grabbed the hilt and lifted it, still sore from being thrown away. She got up to start a new battle. The sword she had found was the Buster sword, it was shining under the sunlight and was newly built.

She grabbed the hilt with both hands and attacked with a shout. Jenova dogged it alright, but in a fast movement, while Jenova was still hanging from her jumps to escape the attack, Kyra planted the sword in the ground and shot another arrow. Jenova looked at the arrow approaching her and ducked it perfectly, but right before she could focus again and land, Kyra moved and thrust the sword into her abdomen. A louder scream filled the air.

The planet's mako strings came out from the ground and made a cocoon around the almost-dead body of Jenova. It strangled her right before covering her face. The goddess of calamity was dead.

Kyra used a mako string as a rope to pull the cocoon to the capital. When she arrived, she saw a little boy standing at the entrance of the city waiting for her worried. She smiled at him with exhaustion and gave her the buster sword. "Take good care of it," she said and left the happy boy behind.

Jenova's body was given to a group of soldiers to bury it somewhere far, for it was toxic for the planet and she could not dissolve it. The death of the planet also meant something else: ending the sacrifice ceremony.

Kyra went to her father who was still by the lake. Happy to see her daughter alive, but knowing it was not going to last long. While passing through the lake, the planet gave Kyra a specific dagger with its maki strings, shining with the mako colour which she handed it to her father. "It is time," she said. Ohan wiped his tears and embraced her tightly after taking the dagger. While in his embrace, he lifted his dagger-holding-hand slowly and landed it on her back, with a shout full of pain. Kyra embraced him tighter. Her feet started vaporising into mako dust. She whispered by his ear: "see you in the promised land, father," the next moment, she was gone.