Chapter 9

When I woke up, I was sure that I had a weird dream. Kyra was up earlier than me and was doing something with her shafts. I got up with a growl and she lifted up her head to look at me with a smile. "What happened?" I asked her since the memories from the day before were blurry to me. "You fainted after we got rid of that guy," she explained, "I had to lift you, you are heavy by the way, and bring you here. I'm happy that we were close to an inn." she was shorter than me and she did not seem that strong, yet she carried me, I was impressed.

"What did you see in that guy's head?" I remembered. "That's actually the problem," she put away her arrow and sat next to me on the bed, "he didn't know. I guess there must be the main one who knows. We should find that out." Fear rushed into my body. "What if it was one of the twins?" I asked. She shook her head. "The main one cannot be that weak," she explained.

We hit the road as we hoped to get to the Temple that afternoon. On the way, we were both quiet. I was trying to remember what dream I had, which did not succeed at all. All I knew was that the dream involved a very good feeling of being loved and protected. At the same time I was worried that it was a trap from Sephiroth which, if true, that was a good point thing not remembering it.

One again I remembered the day when we met Tseng and how Kyra made him forget everything with just a wave of her hand. I once had mixed up memories, not even sure who I was. I wouldn't want to forget anything, even if it was meeting with a total stranger. Every memory was precious to me and I wouldn't want to lose any of it. This brought me the thought that what if Kyra had made me forget my dream. not that she had a reason or she knew what dream I had. but she had the power. I shook my head to get rid of the thought. even if that was the case, I was sure there was a good reason. still, I was eager to remember that dream.

As we got closer to our destination, there was more silence. The birds whom we could hear sing a while ago had stopped and there was no wind. I didn't like the dead atmosphere but it could mean that Sephiroth was close.

"Stop here," Kyra demanded and I stopped. She got off and looked at my puzzled face. "We don't want to attract attention!" I could understand, but we had a long way yet to get to the temple. I told her what I thought. "I know," she said, "but the river, the lifestream, is close by. I don't think he is in the actual temple. It is ruined after all."

I got off as well and slowly followed her after taking all the parts of my sword. "What do you think we'll see there?" I asked her. She shrugged gently, "No idea."

The silence and the tranquillity felt deadly. I could hear every step we took on the softened soil after a rain, probably. I could even hear my own heartbeat. I couldn't help but be alarmed so I gripped the hilt firmer in my hand. Any second something could happen.

I could now see the river. It was deep and wide, calm and quiet surrounded by trees almost hiding it away. The sight of it brought back memories. When I had to return Aerith to the lifestream. A pain conquered my body and I saw her again, standing in the church among the flowers. But she was not talking; just staring. I took a step toward her and she jolted. When I looked down, I saw his sword passing through her body. I opened my mouth to shout but Kyra held my hand and the vision was gone. "It is getting stronger," she said, still holding my hand, "be careful of what you see and hear. Nothing is real."

Far from us, by the river, a man in a cloak was standing. I lifted my sword but she stopped me. "He is not alone," she warned me. I heard the sound of a branch breaking. The next moment we were surrounded by clones and remnants. "Don't kill them," she whispered, "I can only see their memories if I touch them. I need them alive" I got it. I grabbed my sword with both hands. She drew an arrow and aimed at one of them on a tree.

"Go!"

----------------------------------

We are getting closer to the end people! hope you've liked it. I know there are still so many unanswered questions and of course who the hell is Kyra. Be patient for you questions shall be answered soon