Chapter 9

I'm not a medical professional so if I get things wrong sorry.

Y/n POV
You had managed to hide the darkness in you while she touched you because you were overwhelmed with feelings and pain from various injuries she couldn't feel the dark in you. You clung to her as it felt as though she was grounding you into reality she was helping you ignore your nightmare.

Slowly she turned you around so your legs were dangling off the side of the bed. She got up and got her bag, Will crouched down and begun to clean your knees.

"It might sting a little, is there any other injuries we should know of?" You looked down and nodded, "can you show us?" You nodded and lifted your shirt at the side showing the split stitches and bruises up your rib cage.

"Kayla can you grab some bandages, some numbing gel, a needle and thread?" You could hear a quiet response from Kayla who came back with the equipment quicker than you had anticipated.

Will rubbed some numbing gel on your stitches and while waiting for it to take effect he begun to wrap your ribs to prevent any more damage.

Your knees and elbows were then covered in plasters, Kayla sat back next to you and pulled you in closer as Will began to pull out the stitches. Looking down you saw it begin to pucker and bleed, feeling the heat of your blood running down onto your lap. It made you start to panic and as soon as Kayla and Will felt you shake for the first time they were at action stations. You felt an oncoming flashback and prayed to Hades that it wouldn't come but the more you pushed it back the closer it edged into your mind. You held onto Kayla's shirt balling your hands into fists, she ran her hands slowly through you hair.

"I don't want to see it. It's coming and I don't want to look." Kayla held you tight and for once you felt safe as though nothing could hurt you. Will finished the stitches and covered them in gauze and a layer of bandages. Will popped out of the room for a moment and Kayla continued to run her hands through your hair. You felt bad for causing this much trouble, these poor demigods had lost part of a nights sleep over you admitting some of your injuries. Will cam back into the room and pushed up your sleeve he wrapped a tourniquet around your arm and looked over to you.

"Your gonna feel a little pinch, I'm going to get you started on an IV to help you gain more energy." You nodded weakly and turned so you were facing away knowing that it would just freak you out more.

You felt the pinch and then Will taped down the IV and removed the tourniquet. Kayla shuffled back so you were laid with your head on her lap while she played with your hair. You felt a wave of sleep seem to wash over you and realised that they had put sleeping draught in the IV. You struggled to stay awake determined not to succumb to the nightmares you shuffled slightly to try and stay awake. Kayla noticed and kept her other hand on your wrist to stop you from removing the IV. Kayla look down at you and smiled.

"Stop fighting Wren they won't get to you and I'm here to protect you. Go to sleep..." She hushed and continued to run her hand through your hair, slowly you felt your grip letting go and the sleeping draught finally pulled you under. Your eyes slipped closed and you finally had undisturbed sleep.

Will POV
Dawn broke and you were still asleep as he had given a slightly larger dosage to let you catch up on sleep. He came in to check on you to find Kayla had laid you in the bed and fallen asleep on the seat next to you.

There was a knock on the door and he went to check, only to find Annabeth and Percy standing with a small backpack.

"Hey Will can I speak to Wren?" Annabeth asked politely, he shook his head and she looked confused.

"Wren is still asleep she had some issues in the middle of the night which we addressed then and there. She finally let one of us touch her...?"

"Who?" She queried.

"Kayla, she let Kayla hug her after she had a nightmare and then she felt Wren's pain where we found she had split stitches, 2 broken ribs and we also cleaned her scraped knees and elbows. She let me do the medical stuff while Kayla comforted her, she even let me put in an IV to help her recover fully."

Annabeth nodded, "That's good, if you ever need me she seems to trust me just grab me and I'll be right there. Also would you send us a message when she wakes up I'd like to give her this personally." He nodded and promised to tell them as soon as Wren was ready for visitors.

He headed back inside as the pair left for the dining pavilion, he came back to see Kayla shift slightly in her chair and you still hadn't moved. He wondered whether you would let them touch you in the morning or were you just so worn down that all your barriers had dropped. He hoped not because you needed help still and you had been so shy and helpless.

He sent Austin down to the dining pavilion to get Kayla, you and him breakfast and his own of course.

Going back to your room he gently took out the IV leaving the cannula in your hand so that you could have another later if it was needed. He wrapped your hand in a bandage so the cannula wouldn't fall out and then pulled the covers back over your shoulders.

There was another knock on the door and he made his way over only to see...

Oops sorry you are going to have to read the next part.

Love ya
- Newolympus X