018

𝘊𝘜𝘓𝘛𝘜𝘙𝘈
𝘢𝘭𝘷𝘢𝘳𝘰 𝘳𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘳𝘰

۪۫❁ཻུ۪۪┊chapter eighteen
all hands on deck

it's been exactly one week since alvaro and kassandra were given permission to date, one week. everything has been going so good. alvaros mom loves kassandra more than anything, and kassandras parents were growing to love alvaro. kassandras dad was still hesitant on trusting alvaro with his daughter, but he made sure that alvaro knew that if anything were to happen to kassandra under alvaros care, alvaros ass would be grass.

the two were on their way to meet the rest of the gang at lalos house, where the party would be. they were going to be cleaning the backyard and the inside of the house since june twenty-eighth came quicker than anticipated. way quicker than anticipated.

kassandra worried about how the party was going to come out, considering the events that took place at lalos eighteenth birthday bash. she constantly worried about what if they came back to finish the job, what if more people got hurt this time, what if she's putting alvaro in danger once again.

"alvaro?" kassandra lightly said, alvaro taking his eyes off the road for a second to look at her. "i don't think you should go to the party." kassandra admitted, some kind of shock running through alvaro once she was finished with her sentence.

"why?" he asked, taking offense. "why all of a sudden?" she heard the tone in his voice change and rolled her eyes, knowing if she were to continue the conversation it would only cause an argument. even though things have been going good, they have had a few minor arguments about childish things.

"alvaro, you don't know how things are with lalo and his gang. the rivalries get taken too far and you getting caught up in the mix is not a risk i'm willing to take," she tried explaining. alvaro shook his head and turned onto lalos street, alvaro parking the car and taking the keys from the ignition.

"well that's a risk i'm willing to take," he mumbled, shutting the door and walking inside of lalos house. kassandra slowly got out of the car, mumbling curse words underneath her breath. whenever kassandra brought up alvaro risking getting hurt, he got irritated. even though he barely knew how to fight, he won't go down without putting up a fight. he knew how to take care of himself and he knew when to defend himself.

in kassandras head, alvaro just didn't understand. he didn't understand that the youngsters didn't use their fists anymore. they fought with knives, bats, and guns. alvaro didn't realize that the gang violence was so bad right now, especially since it was summer break and a lot of veteranos were using this opportunity for gang initiations.

initiations consisted of cold blooded murders. you have to show the og that you're down for whatever. if you get caught fucking with the wrong barrio, you're screwed. it wasn't no secret to anyone from east los angeles.

kassandra walked in the house to everyone staring at her, except alvaro. she figured he told them what she said and threw her hands in the air, "so are you gonna keep fucken staring or are we gonna get shit done?"

"aye, aye," lalo pointed his finger at her. "there was no need for all that fucken attitude." he scolded her. vienna let our quiet laughs as she seen how flustered her best friend looked, kassandra quickly turning to vienna and glaring at her.

"i ain't scared of you perrita, if you wanna fight then we can." vienna brought her hand to her mouth, muffled giggles escaping her lips. kassandra threw her the finger and rolled her eyes. "it wouldn't be the first time."