010

𝘊𝘜𝘓𝘛𝘜𝘙𝘈
𝘢𝘭𝘷𝘢𝘳𝘰 𝘳𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘳𝘰

۪۫❁ཻུ۪۪┊chapter ten
𝙫𝙖𝙧𝙤, 𝙢𝙚𝙚𝙩 𝙢𝙮 𝙙𝙖𝙙

lalo was finally coming home from the hospital. his grandma not able to pick him up, so kassandra and her parents were going to be giving him a lift home.

kassandras dad personally wanted to talk to lalo, he wanted answers just as much as anyone else wanted answers. kassandras dad loved lalo just like he was his own, so he felt like it was his business to find out who shot lalo and who put his children in danger.

kassandra and alvaro were sitting on the couch, watching lalo and vienna talk. flaco was at lalos house, cleaning up lalos room and making sure the area would be suitable for him.

kassandras head was resting in alvaros lap, her eyes were closed and she was relaxed. alvaro was running his hand through her hair when they heard the door to the room open, kassandra quickly sitting up because she knew it was her parents.

her attention shifted to the door and she stood up, smiling at her parents as they walked through the door.

"hi momma, dad." kassandra hugged them. she looked past her fathers shoulder and seen jose and samantha, sam staring at her younger sister when she realized alvaro was in the room.

"how you doing lalo?" kassandras dad spoke, alvaros eyes widening at the sound of his voice. not only did he look scary, but he sounded scary.

"i'm doing good, pops. just eager to go home and see my grandma." lalo smiled. alvaro noticed lalos body language completely change when kassandras dad walked in. shoulders up straight, head held high.

alvaro stood up from the couch, allowing kassandras mom and sister to sit down. jose took note of this and nodded. kassandras dad didn't even acknowledge alvaro, not yet at least.

lalo was signing himself out of the hospital. the fact that he was now considered an adult allowed him to do so. once the papers were signed, and his discharge was approved, the group made their way out of the hospital.

"kass, you coming in my car or jose's?" her dad turned to her, finally acknowledging the presence of the young boy he's never met before.

"i'm actually going to go with alvaro." kassandra spoke loud and clear, knowing her dad hated when she or anyone else mumbled. "i would've introduced you guys sooner but you were busy." kassandra gestured to lalo, her heart rate increasing as her father folded his arms.

"varo, this is my dad." kassandra looked at alvaro. alvaro was shitting bricks, it wasn't hard for him to meet new people, but everything about kassandras dad scared him.

"dad, this is-"

"so you're the boy who has been stealing my daughter from her family." her dad held his hand out, waiting for alvaro to grab it. alvaro wiped his sweaty hands on his jeans before raising his hand to shake hands with kassandras dad.

"i enjoy your daughters company, she's been a really good friend to me." alvaro finally spoke, clearing his throat as he released papa toledo's hand.

"have you been a good friend to her?" papa toledo asked, gesturing for alvaro to walk next to him as the family made their way out the hospital. vienna was pushing lalos wheelchair, the two messing around and earning stares from the nurses.