Chapter 1

First week in Finland had past and I'm already so, so homesick. I want to go back to England. It's not the same... Finland is so much colder than England, I'm not used to it.

I met my neighbours yesterday because my mum wanted me to, I didn't mind it though. I made a friend, her name is Ava. She's really nice but 3 years younger. That doesn't matter though, after all age is just a number, right?

Ava told me that she had a brother, who was around about my age but I haven't met him yet since he was 'busy' apparently.

*

Today is my first day at a new school, in a new country. I really don't want to go:

1 I can't speak Finnish.

2 I don't know anyone.

3 Every school is different. You know, different rules, different expectations etc.

I uncaringly swung my bag over my shoulder as I made my way towards the bus, which descended away on the journey towards hell a.k.a school!

I walked through the doors and everyone's eyes were fixed on me, burning my image inside their brains. Just stay cool Ash, it's just because you're new. I thought whilst plodding through the hallways, watching every head turn my way and every voice lower as I walked past... I admit it's a scary experience.

I walked straight to my first lesson without stopping by my locker. I scanned the room but only found an empty table left abandoned at the front. I guess I was the last in the room... I quickly sat down, trying not to draw anymore attention to myself. Whispers were echoing around the room, swirling from side to side! I couldn't dare to lift my eyes up from the desk... Just knowing every student was gossiping behind my back made me feel uneasy.

Suddenly a guy stood scanning the room. His grey fleece-like waist coat hood was up, covering his light brown to dark blonde hair; his slim, plain t-shirt sleeves cutting off just above his elbow, making his biceps pop out; the ripped, black skinny jeans he was wearing gave off a reckless, sexy vibe about him! All of the girls in the room edged their attention towards him, twirling their perfectly straightened hair around their delicate fingers while love-sighs escaped their lipstick stained lips!

"Mr. Lundèn, you're late again. Now take a seat." The teacher almost yelled and the boy scanned the room with his eyes again before sitting next to me. - the only empty seat in the class.

He glanced across at me with a moody expression while leaning his elbow on the table, with his chin in his hand.

"You're new." He finally spoke, his voice was deep and quite sexy. No, now is not the time to start thinking about how sexy his voice is. "I see you don't talk much either." He stared into the distance, his eyelids straining themselves to stay open. His lips droopily sitting against his hand.

"H-hi..." I finally managed to stutter, in almost a whisper. I felt quite nervous and vulnerable!

"Oh now you speak." His finnish accent was more clear and stronger while he spoke that sentence, in a rude manner.

I stared down at the desk before speaking again.

"I'm Ashley." I mumbled.

"Hmmm." He hummed, deep in thought for a minute, with the same expression plastered on his face. Why was this guy so moody?

"Ashley, Isac listen or you'll both be in detention." The teacher yelled. So this guy's name is Isac. Interesting...

"Why are you even here?" Isac asked rudely and stared at me with the same moody expression.