Veiny

Olivia

"How are your hands?"

"Huh?" I'd spaced out.

Glancing at me and keeping an eye on the road, Shayne said, "Do you still feel the pain?."

I looked down at my slightly swollen fingers and absently shook my head, distracted by the image of what I had found in that drawer.

Three life-size penises had been placed in glass boxes, with their respective tubes of lube. One; average sized, completely transparent. Another; a lot bigger, red. And the other; the mammoth of the trio was black and veiny. Dear God.

They were all fastened to leather harnesses and the thought of Shayne strapping herself up to do unthinkable things to me rendered me speechless for a long while.

It wasn't that I was appalled or even surprised to find them. I was instead caught offguard by my feelings. Shock. Uneasiness. Doubt. Embarrassment. And intrigue, overwhelming intrigue.

I snuck a glance at her and wanted to knock myself out for the words that went flying out of my mouth. "Are they meant for me?"

She didn't hesitate. "Not exactly." She passed me another sideways look. "I get rid of them as soon as I'm no longer with someone, and then get a new set."

"So in a way, they are meant for me?" My voice came out shakier than I intended because of that very thought.

She sighed heavily as she turned into a dirt road. "Babe, if you don't want to talk about this, we don't have to. I'll throw them away as soon as we get back."

I failed to say anything else, mortified that for a second I almost protested. 

"Alright. We're here." As she said this, I realized she was pulling up to the front of an old rusty farm house.

"Is this where we're meeting Lucille Crawford?"

"Yes." She avoided my eyes.

I waited until she cut off the engine. "Shayne, who are we really meeting?"

"Luci..."

I reached for her face and gently placed my palm on her cheek, looking her dead in the eye. "Please don't lie to me."

She stared at me until her eyes briefly shut. When those hazel depths were revealed to me again, there were apologies in them. "I'm sorry, Olivia."

My heart was beating against it's usual pace. "For what?"

"Lucille is meeting us, but we're also meeting your mother."

My hand immediately fell away from her face. "My mother?"

"Yes, I think it's about time you two made up."

I was livid. "That's not your choice to make."

"I know, but we need your mother. And I'm sorry that I'm dumping this on you, I had no choice."

"What do you need her for? And why the hell do I need to be here? You knew how this would make me feel." Tears blurred my vision and she tried to reach for me. "Don't touch me!"

She pulled away, roughly wiping a hand down her face. "Stay in the car, okay?"

I turned my face away, letting the tears fall as she stepped out of the car.

She had no right. It was my problem and mine to solve all on my own. It was my healing process and...

A large van, black and armored came into my view. I hadn't noticed it before as it was parked up against the side of the house. Shayne was walking towards it and I had to tear my gaze away from her lean form to study the van further.