Weapons Of Choice

Shayne

I wanted to laugh, desperately. But due to the kindness of my heart, I decided against it.

For the past half hour, Keith had been teaching Olivia the basics of hand-to-hand combat. 

Keith was a black belt god. He'd mastered every martial art that I could think of and had trained every Raven Angel from the moment of recruitment. 

He'd trained me in the art of MMA and Krav Maga while Freya and Laura managed to master nearly every skill he'd thrown at them.

They could easily kick my ass if they tried.

Now I could see on Keith's face that he'd never come across a more uncoachable student. His lips pursed in an attempt to keep his laughter at bay.

It wasn't that Olivia failed to follow his instructions, which were the basic MMA defense skills, in fact she copied the exact stances he showed her.

The matter of the fact was that she was simply too afraid.

Every single time Keith attempted to—without intent to cause damage of course—attack her defense, she would jump out of his reach or duck an oncoming hit.

"I suck, just say it," she said with an exasperated sigh, dropping her hands to her shapely waist.

My eyes did another slide down her opulent body. Nothing could be done about the torture she'd been doing to me ever since she stepped through those steel doors.

I was inexplicably pleased that she hadn't bothered to hide the excellent teethwork covering her neck.

"Don't worry about it, you'll have the courage to defend yourself. It just takes some time," Keith assured her with an encouraging grin.

Blue eyes and flowing blonde hair, it was easy to see Keith's good looks. But to my pleasure, I hadn't seen not one blushful look sent his way. On the contrary, his student had the most adorable laser-focused look on her face.

Maybe she didn't dig the whole man-bun situation that was going on.

Or maybe she didn't dig men all together. 

No. Christina had once told me about how much she'd hated Olivia's boyfriend then.

She was definitely into guys. But I'd also never seen her send a single sideways glance towards any girl or woman.

I supposed it was a topic that we were yet to discuss.

"Did it also take some time knowing how to slap people across the face?" I asked from my spot in the corner of the ring.

Olivia rolled her eyes and laughed as she turned to me. "You're never going to let me live this down, are you?"

I shook my head. "Not until my poor cheek forgets the trauma its been through."

"Well, it better suck it up and move on. Or does it still need my kisses?" She gave me a nasty little smile and as if she knew exactly what she was doing to me, she bit her bottom lip and ran her gaze down my body. 

Among all the women I'd been through, her look was the only one that could fuel my desire in a second.

"Not anymore, but it's willing to give up those kisses to other parts of me."

As soon as the words came out my mouth, the heavy implication of them sank in the air. But I didn't mean for it to come out like that. We both knew I wasn't keen on letting her touch me, let alone kiss certain parts of me.

Plus, it was obvious Keith was uncomfortable.

The balm to my heart must have read my mind. She groaned in exasperation. "Oh my gawd! You're so corny. Keith, would you mind taking her off my hands? Even just for the week."