Episode 2 - En Route

The duo's new case was this: A young girl had died after falling from the roof of Daisy Black's house. The massive inconsistency was that the girl's body had already seen several year's worth of decomposition, whereas Daisy Black's daughter had told the police that she had pushed the girl to her death... Only two days ago.
Scully had read the files in the car while they where on their way to the Holiday Inn, where the Black family had been living since the incident.
She flipped between papers, making comparisons and checking she had read it correctly... "This is interesting Mulder. The girl who fell from the roof was identified as a one Rachel Lambert. Her mother was a crack addict, and her father disappeared sometime in 2002, and so Rachel was taken into care..."
Mulder interrupted her. "Either of her parents still alive?"
Scully flipped through the files. Like it makes any difference... "Erm... Yes. Her mother is still alive, but GCHQ haven't got anything on her father since he disappeared... So..."
"Yeah, he's dead."
Scully got back to her point. "Well I find it interesting, as first of all, Daisy Black spent a year in foster care herself, and survived it..." She glanced up at Mulder to see him driving with this blank disinterested expression he got when there where no aliens around. "Um, and what's more interesting still, is that the last owners of this house who didn't put it straight back on the market, where... Rachel Lambert's foster parents."
That got Mulder's attention. "Dead Rachel?"
"Yes, the girl who dropped in on the Black's barbecue and decomposed at a supernatural rate, was in the care of a Mr. and Mrs. Fenton, who have since moved too... Blandford."
"Hmm... Yes," Mulder said, as they pulled into the holiday inn car park. "I think we'll have to ask them a few questions... What about this girl who says she pushed Dead Rachel from the roof though?"
"Uhh..." Scully hesitated and thought a moment before speaking. "She's probably in shock... Maybe blaming herself for an accident... or maybe she did push Rachel. Either way, I think we wanna be careful with her."
Mulder parked the car and they got out. As they walked to the entrance of the Holiday Inn, Scully asked Mulder a question that had been playing on her mind: "Mulder..."
"Yeah?"
"Do you ever think these trench coats might look a bit silly?'