Episode 2 - Interrogation

Scully knocked on the door, and waited.
She was in a suburban street in Blandford Forum... At the address she had for Ariel's headmaster, Mr. Fenton.
The door opened. "Can I help you?" A small woman wearing a beige cardigan answered.
"Um, yes..." Scully said. "I'm looking for a lost cat."
"A lost cat... Oh. What's it's name?"
"Um, Fluffy."
"Fluffy... Oh."
For a moment they stood there in silence... then Scully said, "Can I come in?"
"There's no fluffy cats here..."
Scully gritted her teeth. The undercover idea wasn't working. "Okay, look..." She took out her badge, "Secret Agent Scully. CI5."
Mrs Fenton was mystified. "CI5?"
"Criminal Intelligence... Five. We deal with international terrorism."
"Oh... Well I wouldn't know anything about that. Sorry I can't be any help to you."
"Are you sure I can't come in anyway?" Scully asked as she pushed past.

Mrs. Fenton led Scully through too the living room and gestured vaguely at the sofa. She picked up a cordless phone from the cream coffee table. "Hello? Listen Mary, I've got to go now. I've got a visitor... Yes, she's an international terrorist... Oh yes, and she's lost her cat. Yeah, okay. I'll call you back. Bye."

Everything was cream coloured, apart from the carpet which was a pastel shade of green. A clock was ticking loudly.
"So what does your husband do?"
"Oh, he's the head teacher at the school..." Mrs. Fenton sat down in a cream armchair. "I suppose I can ask him to look for your cat there..."
"The Head at Blandford? Not the guy who's Melvin Moondust's son?"
"Yes, yes... That's him."
The clock ticked on, loudly.
"Um... So how long have you been living in Blandford then?"
"Well we moved here years ago to be closer to my husband's school... It's nice here. I like it."
"Where where you living before you moved here then?"
"Oh, just a house... y'know, but it was too far from the school."
The clock ticked on. It was really bugging Scully.
"Any kids?"
"What?" Mrs. Fenton looked her in the eye, and Scully saw her guilt.
"Kids? You ever had any?"
"Oh, erm, I don't know." Mrs. Fenton looked down at the awful green carpet. "I mean, I never got round to it..."
Scully made a note. "Is there any reason why your husband would contradict that statement?"
Mrs. Fenton's lip quivered. "W-what statement?"
"You never got round to having kids. That statement."
"You know, I did see a cat... In New Zealand I think."
"Okay... And what about your old neighbours in Okeford Fitzpaine? Is there any reason why they might tell me you had children?"
Mrs. Fenton stood up abruptly. "Ah... You'd have to ask my husband about that, but I'm very busy at the moment, so you're going to have to leave. Now, please."
"Okay Mrs. Fenton. I'll be off then. My colleague is asking your husband about that as we speak."