Chapter 23

Splatter got out of the squad car and walked up to the door of her house. She had just been released from the hospital that day. She punched in the code and entered her home, she walked to her room and put everything she had taken with her back where it belonged. She then walked into the living room and sat down on the couch. She glanced around the empty room, feeling slightly lonely.

I'll call Peter, She thought, grabbing her cell phone. He doesn't even know I'm out of the hospital.

She dialed Peter's number and waited for him to answer. "Hello, this is Peter." He said, the sound of his voice made her smile.

"Hey Peter, it's Splatter!" She said.

"Hi Splatter!" Peter said. "How's it going? Are you feeling better?"

"I'm feeling much better!" She replied. "In fact, I got the stitches out yesterday, and I just got home!"

"Really? That's great!" Peter said. "We should celebrate with a movie at the Cinema!"

Splatter smiled. "Sounds great!" She said.

"Awesome!" Peter said. "I'll meet you at 8 then?"

"I'll be ready!" She said, then Peter hung up.

***

Ding Dong!

Splatter jumped up and ran to the door. She punched in the code and opened it to find Peter standing on her doorstep, a huge smile on his face. "Hi, Splatter!" He said. "You ready to go?"

She smiled and nodded. "Race you to the Cinema!" She said, running past him. Peter closed the door and took off after her. He quickly caught up to her, being one of the fastest runners on the baseball team. They turned a couple of corners and raced into the doors of the Cinema. Peter payed for the tickets and popcorn, then he led Splatter to their theater.

"So, which movie are we going to see?" Splatter asked as they looked for a seat.

Peter grinned. "You'll see." He said as the previews ended. The movie was about a young redhead orphan, who was quite like Splatter, that was found by a living internet sensation. He takes her to his mansion to join his 'Gang' of demon slayers, where she makes new friends, gets kidnapped, discovers her powers, and falls in love. Right in the middle of the romantic part of the movie, Peter wrapped his arm around Splatter and pulled her closer. Splatter smiled and rested her head on his shoulder.

After the movie ended, Splatter and Peter walked out of the Cinema, their hands intertwined. They walked down the street to Splatter's house in complete silence, both enjoying the moments they had together. Splatter hugged Peter as they arrived at her house. "Thank you," She said. "Tonight was amazing."

Peter smiled, then pressed his lips against hers. Her eyes widened in surprise, then she closed them and kissed him back. She had this odd feeling in her chest, it felt like her heart was about to leap out of her chest and soar into the sky.
Is this what love feels like? She wondered. The two teenagers broke apart, their eyes shining brighter than the stars above their heads.

"Goodnight, Splatter." Peter murmured, smiling warmly at her.

Splatter smiled back. "Goodnight, Peter." She said. Peter turned around and began to walk back to his house. Splatter watched until he disappeared from sight. She turned and began to walk up to her house when she walked right into someone's chest. She took a step back and looked up, her eyes met a pair of light blue ones, and they were blazing like cold fire.

"What was that?" Cole asked, obviously agitated.

Splatter was slightly startled by the malice in his voice. "Just a kiss." She said.

Cole's eyes narrowed into slits, he slowly began walking towards her. "Why did you kiss him, Splatter?" He snarled.

Splatter took a step back. "Because I like him," She said. "And he likes me."

"I don't want to see you with him again." He said. "Ever."

Splatter glared at him. "I can do whatever I want, Cole!" She snapped. "You don't own me, you can't control me!"

Cole stopped, he was only a few feet away from her. He opened his mouth to speak, but Splatter cut him off. "I don't care if you like me or not," She said. "You killed my family, and attempted to kill me! Did you really think I would ever love you after that?!"

Cole looked absolutely shocked. "But... I thought-"

"WELL YOU THOUGHT WRONG!" Splatter screamed at him. She ran past him and punched in the code, then slammed the door behind her. She glanced out the window, Cole looked absolutely heartbroken. He was clutching his chest, where his heart would be. A single tear rolled down his cheek and fell to the snowy ground. Then he turned around and raced away, towards the forest. Splatter's anger slipped away as she watched him go, and was replaced by regret. Oh god, what have I done? She wondered. She flopped down on the couch and buried her face in her hands. I let my anger get the best of me, and now he must hate me. She thought. I need to go find him, and tell him I'm sorry.