Chapter 9

"COLE!" Splatter screamed, jumping out of the tree. She ran into the clearing just in time to see Cole stab the bounty hunter before falling to the ground. She ran over to him, blood was pouring from the wound in his stomach, turning the snow under him Crimson.

"Oh my god..." She whispered shakily when she saw his wound.

Cole groaned and turned his head to look at her. "Is it bad?" He asked.

Splatter shook her head. "N-No," She lied. "I-I just need to get the bullet out and treat the wound back at the orphanage, you'll be fine!"

She carefully reached into Cole's wound and wrapped her fingers around the bullet. He grit his teeth and hissed in pain as she pulled it out. She tossed the bullet across the clearing and took off her sweater, revealing a green t shirt underneath. She tightly tied her sweater around his stomach where the wound was, hoping to slow the blood flow.
"I-I'm sorry..." Cole murmured, sitting up. "I'm sorry I brought you here... If I hadn't, you wouldn't have to deal with this...."

Splatter put his arm over her shoulder to support him. "Don't apologize," she whispered, helping him stand up. "You just wanted to have some fun with me, you didn't know it was going to happen. Besides, if I wasn't here, you would die."
Cole smiled weakly at her as they began to slowly walk out of the clearing. They walked through the trees, up the street, and to the orphanage.

"How will we get in?" Cole panted.

"Hold on to me," Splatter said. "I'll climb the wall."

Cole wrapped his arms around her torso and hung on, he was slightly heavy, but Splatter didn't care. He's getting weaker by the second. She thought as she grabbed onto the wall. She was halfway up the wall when Cole began coughing, blood began to trickle from his mouth.

"Oh no," She murmured. "Hang on, we're almost there!"

Splatter quickly climbed the rest of the wall and opened her window. She carefully squeezed through with Cole still on her back. She gently carried him over to her bed and set him down.

"Wait here," She said, brushing his jet black bangs out of his face. "I'll be right back."

She opened her closet and pulled a paper clip out of the pocket of one of her white sweaters. She picked the lock on her bedroom door, and quietly ran into the bathroom. She opened up the cabinet and pulled out the bandages and some disinfectant, then ran back into her room and locked the door.

Splatter ran over to Cole and untied her sweater from him, the wound had gotten worse since he had been walking. She quickly rubbed some of the disinfectant on the wound, hoping that it would help it heal. She then helped Cole sit up so she could wrap the bandages around the wound.

After Splatter was done with his wound, she pulled the blankets over him. "Go to sleep," She whispered. "You'll feel better in the morning."

Cole looked up at her. "You aren't going to sleep on the floor, are you?" He asked. "You look exhausted."

"I'm not going to sleep." She said, pulling up a chair. "I'm going to make sure you're alright."

Cole shrugged and closed his eyes. "Goodnight, Splatter." He said.

"Goodnight, Cole." She replied.