Chapter 7

-Grayson's P.O.V-

I watched as the crowd around the forest grew with families and friends of the contestants, each face seeming eager to watch the spectacle that was just about to happen.

These were the times I wished I had a family of my own as well to cheer me on, but the fire took them away while they were sleeping in their rooms soundly. I was actually the only one of my bloodlines alive, and that due to the fact I was out getting drunk when I should have been home. I still grieve them even though it's been 5 years, I doubt I will ever stop actually. So this game is a godsend, it gives me the chance to find a mate and continue my bloodline before I die and there is nothing left to pass on to future generations.

"Are you ready for this?" Someone asked behind me, their voice very high and different then Dom's.

"More then ready, I just want to begin this thing and finally be happy in my life." I answered, pivoting on my feet to see Eclipse staring at me.

What is she doing here? She's a halfbreed, a mutt, the outcast of all outcasts and most of all she doesn't belong here. No one like her belongs here.

"You weren't happy before?" Eclipse asked, her head cocking to the side.

"No. Never have been." I replied, the silence around us making me uneasy.

"Why?" Eclipse asked and I quietly groaned. Is she serious? Can't she just leave me be?

"Look you shouldn't be here, this isn't a game for you." I said, dodging her question because it was too painful to talk about.

"She would but this year Eclipse will actually be joining us." Dom said while stepping up beside her, his arms wrapping around her waist possessively.

"Says who?" I scowled, somewhat disgusted by his sudden warming up to the girl who we both hated since the day we met her.

"Says fate. She turned last night so I am going to be following her around in the arena until she meets up with her mate." Dom replied, his voice lowering in warning as I glared over at Eclipse.

"You're still a mutt. Always will be." I scoffed, pushing passed the two and getting in line for the games.

------------------------------------------
-Star's P.O.V-

Meet me at the rock by the waterfall tonight? a voice entered my head, my eyes scanning around the dozens of contestants to see a sand haired boy with a great smile.

He winked when I saw him, his pink lips perfectly formed as if by a professional sculptor,

I thought about it for a moment, my eyes sizing him up. He seemed athletic by his muscular build, no signs of hair on his face, or any type of deformities on his limbs. His hair, the color of the sand was neatly trimmed and combed to the side where it covere one of his blue eyes. He certianly was a keeper from what I can tell, and definitely worth bragging about after mating.

Will you come? he asked and I blushed, my wolf circling around in my head as she drooled over him.

Yes, say yes, she growled in approval and I nodded.

Was that nod for me or my love stricken wolf? He chuckled and I joined in. Funny and charming. Definitely a keeper.

Yes I will come I responded, not needing much begging since we already had a connection.

Alright then. Let the games begin. he grinned, cutting off the link and looking towards the woods.

Indeed, let the games begin.

----------------------------
-Dominic's P.O.V-

We waited for the horn, my fingers interlaced with hers in comfort as they cut away the tape for the entry way. One the horn blows the rules were simple. You run as fast as you cant to claim the best spot for the rest of the night. When the fullmoon rises, that's when a howl will reign in the air, informing all males to seek their mates. The scent will lead them to the right one.

"Dominic...what if my mate finds me but rejects me?" Eclipse asked softly, and I frowned.

"Then I will kill him." I muttered and she gasped.

"Really?"

"Really." I smiled, giving her hand a squeeze and tugging her towards the woods as the horn went off.