Chapter 5

-Eclipse P.O.V-

"I told you he was bad news. That's what Dom's friends are like. That's all they can be." I said in a matter of fact tone as my friend sobbed into my shoulder, her tears soaking her black mascara into my new blouse.

This is how my life is, fixing others problems since I don't have any. Well other than Dominic. He has been my problem I can't seem to get rid of ever since her tried to throw me over the balcony in gradeschool to see if I could fly. If it weren't for my teacher Mrs. Davis grabbing his arm and pulling it back before he tossed me over, I would have been dead a long time ago.

There were several incidents after that, one of which involvinhg a bicycle that broke four of my bones 'cause he ran over me with it while I was resting in the field before school. That was on purpose, but he lied his way out of it while I laid in bed overheating in my casts during spring quarter. Based on our past I never really liked him much. I will never like him.

Star sniffed loudly, her nose rubbing against my blouse and smearing more of her goopy make up on the shirt as I stood holding her awkwardly, patting her back every now and then in comfort.

I could be angry, it is my right by the way she treated me. But somewhere, something deep inside told me that this wouldn't be the right time to do that considering this is Star's first heartbreak. Never in all my years I have known Star has she been so into someone as she was with Greyson Kane. Gag, even the sound of his name make me want to throw up.

"You never told me. If you were my friend you should have told me! This is your fault!" Star sobbed her sadness changing to rage as she began to yell in my ear.

I winced, my ear drums throbbing as I slowly pried her off me.

"My fault? I warne dyou about Greyson but you didn't listen remember?" I snapped, my jaw dropping in shock as she shook her head, still sniffling like a child.

I let it roll off my shoulders, reminding myself she wasn't worth the conflict. Besides, she will get over Mr. Player in no time. It just times a while.

Maybe fate will give her another mate in the arena? Someone more down to earth and not a friend of my arch rival. That was pretty low of her.

"I think we need a break." She huffed, wiping tears from her eyes as she stepped further away from me.

"No. I think you need a break. I need a new friend." I pointed out, scrunching my nose when I noticed the stains on my right shoulder.

She stalked up to me then, our noses touching as she showed me her teeth,

"If you're trying to intimidate, it won't work on me." I said firmly, fisting my hands at my sides when her claws started to come out . If I was going to fight her, I was going to need as much weapon power as I can muster up for myself.

Everyone in the hallway watched us in anticipation of an attack, the boisterous chatter turning to dead silence as they exchanged nervous glances.

"Come on I can smell your fear in the air. It's hard to mask." She cackled, nose rose to the sky.

"Especially for a halfbreed." She emphasized with a wink, my body crashing into hers so that I had her pinned to the tile floor.

The crowd chanted Star's name as we wrestled back and forthm her body flipping me over on my back with lightening speed that my spine cracked when it met the ground underneath us.

"Star stop!" I screamed, her teeth decending on my neck to rip the skin from my throat only to stop short as someone grabbed the roots of her hair.