Chapter 6

-Dominic's P.O.V-

I stalked her home, my hunting instincts becoming useful as I followed her on all fours.

"Who's there?" She asked when I accidentally stepped on a rock on the cross walk, the sharp pebble rolling along the pavement and making enough of a ruckus to turn her attention in my direction.

I trotted behind a bush, my eyes watching her carefully as she scanned the area around her nervously.

After what seemed forever she finally turned back around, my form jumping out of the bush to see her hips sway back and forth before me. I held my lust inside, knowing that she was my rival and nothing more. That's all she will ever be since I am entering the mating games tomorrow night to find my mate. Something I have been looking forward to since the day I turned.

Things felt different tonight, almost as if something was to happen and I should not be missing it. That is why I am following her, whatever it is has piqued my interest.

She stopped before the tree, her hands climbing the bark as she rose to the top.

What is she doing? I thought, my heart pounding in my chest in anxiety as she walked along the branch until she reached the ledge of her bay window.

I trotted over to tree, my eyes watching intently as she unlatched the window and climbed into the dark room.

Crickets chirping filled the night air as I considered my options. I can turn into a human form and climb the tree to stare at her while she sleeps tonight. Maybe the I would get an idea of what I am looking for, It's not every day I get this sense of ugency to stalk my friend let alone my rival. Which means something was not just unusual, but huge is about to take place. However I do have the option of staying down here and sleeping under the tree in wolf form. My fur would keep me warm on this blistery night and I won't have the possibility of her spotting me. That would be the worst thing to happen. I could only imagine what she would think while seeing my naked framed sitting on a tree branch staring in at her through her window.

I looked to the sky, the red color slowly starting to cover the moon as I stood in place.

An eclipse, the town is getting a new moon for the game. Why didn't I figure out that that might be the big event? Sure Eclipse is an interesting girl and all but really nothing ever happens in her life. She's as boring and lousy as the books she reads. I know because I lived across from her all my life. Which is why I got the chance to mess around with her so often and partly why she hates me.

Tirned I turned towards the road to leave, a scream breaking the quiet of the night from her window as I stayed tunned in my position. She sounded honestly like someone was killing her, the shrieks of her usually soft voice penetrating my hyper sensitive ears and sending my body charging towards the tree.

Leaping at the trunk I morphed into human mid hair, my skin scraping against the bark as I clawed my way up the tree like a mad man. I needed to save her. Needed to protect her from harm and yet I have failed her so far. If only I had gone with the first option, I would have been able to see the attacker and tear him to pieces before he reached her bed. I could have done a lot of things. But I screwed up, and now she is going to die because of me. That's something I cannot handle to think about. Not when it comes to Eclipse. If she is gone who will I tease? The pack would never let it down if they knew.

"Dominic help! It...hurts!" She screamed in agony and I rushed up the tree, not really paying attention to anything other than her voice as I climbed into her room.

"Dom...Dominic." She whimpered in the dark, my feet stumbling in the dark as I sprinted towards her bedside where she was sitting up now.

I could not see her face though, the shadows from the lack of light giving me little to work with.

"I'm here Eclipse where is the intruder?" I asked, hopping onto her bed and morphing into a wolf as I faced the door, a low venomous growl leaving my throat while I protected what belonged to me.

She petted my fur in response, my eyes dashing around the room to find no one around. I couldn't sense anything. Well I could sense another wolf, infact they were quite close by the signals I was receiving in my system.

I swallowed hard, my head slowly turning to see two red eyes pop out through the darkness where Eclipse was sitting.

------------------------------------

"Dominic. What's happening to me?" She howled deeply, her voice changing into a wolfish tone while her body shook in pain.

I shifted back into human form. Somewhat shocked that Eclipse, my Eclipse could be one of the two percent of halfbreeds that actually shift.

"You are turning into a full breed wolf. We usually refer to this as our awakening of who we are. But you are a halfbreed so this is kinda rare." I managed, her legs quivering under me as I sat on her lap while her bones cracked into an immortal position. It's a painful process as well as scary, which is probably why she is screaming. She is afraid of the unfamiliar change.

"H-how long will it take?" She stuttered, tears dripping down her face as she looked at me.

"It should be almost done now. The last one might be the worst though." I stated, the cracking and tearing of skin making me queasy.

"Hold me please" She begged, my arms wrapping around her body and holding her close before she asked me again. I needed to let her know that despite all we had been through, I would be here for her when things are the toughest. Right now is one of the toughest, especially for Eclipse.

"Hold on." I whispered, gripping her tightly while her skin pulled back on my fingertips, showing beautiful claws in it's place.

I stared in awe, my tongue gently licking away the salty tears as she moaned and groaned, her body going limp once the process was done. I didn't bother her sleep, my body changing to a wolf and licking her ripped skin areas as she slept.

As it seemed the turning was not a smoothe one for her, and my thoughts as to why is because she is, or was a halfbreed. Those born of two wolves have a easier time with it partly because our body expects the turning and prepares for it. I just wish I could do more to ease the trauma.

I winced once more as I flipped her carefully over, the blood from the ripped skin evident in the dark as I bent down and slowly licked them, closing the wound. After that I covered the blanket over her unconscious form. My worry for her along with my scent preventing me from leaving her in the state she was in. She smelled heavenly, almost like apple blossoms. One of my favorite scents.

I guess I can stay, I thought, slipping in beside her form and cuddling up beside her, my nose resting in the spot she had been bitten before I fell into a deep slumber.