Chapter Seven

Piper’s POV:

                I watched as she walked away from me swiftly, my jaw clamped tightly. As I stood properly I noticed there was a small book pressed against the wall. I walked over, picking the book. I turned it over to see that it had no words on it, just a dark purple cover. I furrowed my brows as I looked back to the frazzled girl. “Hey wait!” I yelled after her as I started to walk after her, only to see that she was gone. I sighed as I rolled my neck, rubbing the tensed muscles. I bit my lip as I flipped over the front cover and raised my brow in attention. ‘Journal’ was written in a beautiful cursive, colourful designs and swirls around it. My fingers moved over the page as I looked in the direction she had gone. I clicked my tongue though and walked in the opposite direction.

------

                “The dean approved the Halloween dance at Norwood!” One of the many girls squealed. I sat at the head of the school council, bored out of my mind, dancing my fingers on the purple journal that belonged to my old roommate. “So, I was thinking that we need to get in contact with the boys’ over there and talk about a theme. Plus help decorate when we pick one out.” The girl said as she twirled her long blonde hair around her finger, smacking her gum loudly. Why am I still even in this stupid thing?

                “Help?” Another girl quipped with a laugh, “You mean do all the work while they watch?” The rest of the room laughed along with her.

                “I know right? Ugh, I’m just excited to see some boys for a change.” Someone else said as my eyes closed, leaning my head on my fist. I drummed my pen on the table in annoyance as I tapped my foot periodically.”What about you, Piper?” I snapped my eyes open, dropping my hand to the table as I looked at the girls.

                “What about me?” I asked as I pushed my bangs out of my face. The girl, named Ellie, smiled as she looked at the rest of them. My eyes drew to slits as I felt like something was going on.

                “Aren’t you excited to see Blake again?” The annoying girl added in. My jaw tightened at the name being mentioned. ‘Blake… that fucking jerk…’ I thought to myself as I looked at them. I glared at Ellie as she wore a smug grin on her face, acting as if she had successfully got under my skin. As an idea formed in my head I leaned back in the chair, placing my feet onto the expensive table.

                “I don’t know, Ellie… I’m probably just as thrilled to see him as you are to see Mitchell.” I watched as Ellie’s face dropped, everyone turned towards me with daggered looksI grabbed my binder with Kyla’s journal resting upon it. “Wasn’t he the boy that cheated on you with a guy? Oh wait… yes I think he was.” I smirked as the rest of the girls threw me looks of death. “I’ll take my leave now.” I said with a wink towards Ellie, who looked as if she was going to throw up. But as I left the student council room my smile disappeared into a frown. ‘Blake Adler…’ I thought as I walked down the abandoned hallway.

                Blake had be my first and only boyfriend since I’ve been going to Esther. He was sweet… at first anyway. He was a year older than me and was a girl’s prince charming dream come true. He of course came from a wealthy family, was an amazing athlete. He acted like he was the nicest guy in the world. When I first met him, I had been at a party and had lost my friends in the crowded place; an old abandoned house just outside the Norwood school. I had been sitting outside, annoyed like hell that my friends had so carelessly ditched me. Then he showed up with a charming smile and a bottle of vodka in hand. As he helped me get back to the Academy, he kissed goodnight. After that, he and I would hang out as much as we could. He would sneak out at night, steal his schools gardening truck and pick me up.